• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by GT350HR

1. Wanted Wanted for 2002 2.3 duratec engine...

Need the bolt on bracket for the AC , fuel rail , EGR fitting for block and hose, complete engine wire harness . Trying to ''dress" my 2.5 ''conversion" engine. Any help with parts or a fully dressed , blown up complete engine will be considered. I'm in So Cal. Low cost is important.
  2. 2.3L ('02-'11) need help to disable VVT on 2008 2.5 duratec. SOLVED !! THANK YOU !!!

I finally got the "south American" intake and it is ALLOT different except for the overall look. Black plastic. No EGR provision , cable throttle provision etc. I'm not a picture guy so posting one will be tough. There is an aftermarket throttle cable adaptor , but nothing for the EGR. I am...
  3. 2.3L ('02-'11) need help to disable VVT on 2008 2.5 duratec. SOLVED !! THANK YOU !!!

I forgot to check the part number for you but I will. Updates, I have had to ditch the counter balance mechanism so the 2.3 Ranger pan will clear. I also bought a new 2.3 ranger oil pump as the pick up mounting is different. The 2.3 "A" code engine exhaust cam worked perfectly with 8...
  4. 2.3L ('02-'11) need help to disable VVT on 2008 2.5 duratec. SOLVED !! THANK YOU !!!

The 2.5 intake is probably drive by wire but it seems Maximum makes a conversion ($135) or they say the 2.3 'can be used" if it is offset upward by removing the steel dowels. I may try this initially. BTW a 2.3 Ranger oil pick up tube has gone obsolete from Ford. Luckily several dealers have...
  5. 2.3L ('02-'11) need help to disable VVT on 2008 2.5 duratec. SOLVED !! THANK YOU !!!

I haven't messed with it and don't plan to. I am going to use the Ranger balancer because it changed in 2012. Your harmonic balancer should be OK. The 2010 engine is different than the 2012 I have. The 2010 engine has a special cam cap only on the driver side ( int cam) The exhaust cam cap is...
  6. 2.3L ('02-'11) need help to disable VVT on 2008 2.5 duratec. SOLVED !! THANK YOU !!!

Update: I am, beginning to do the conversion and went to install the VCT "plug" only to find it was too small. Turns out my 2012 "A" code fusion engine has a "bridge" style , one piece front cam cap that is actually made for twin VCTs. Mine is a single and Ford has a "sleeve" with a tab for...
  7. 2.3L ('02-'11) need help to disable VVT on 2008 2.5 duratec. SOLVED !! THANK YOU !!!

You're welcome! I only started on this when my V8 conversion plans were squashed by California smog laws. I reached out to Brian @ Esslinger Engineering and he rolled the info out faster than I could write it down! 30+ HP is worth the effort and minimal cost involved. Waaaaay less time than the...
  8. 2.3L ('02-'11) need help to disable VVT on 2008 2.5 duratec. SOLVED !! THANK YOU !!!

New info added will show the intake part number when it gets in my hands.
  9. For Sale SCAMMER ALERT

He responded to me on another forum . looked legit "initially" so I used papal "just in case" . They are now refunding after I reported him as a scammer. As soon as I reported him hes stopped responding to my my emails. Randy
  10. 2.3L ('02-'11) need help to disable VVT on 2008 2.5 duratec. SOLVED !! THANK YOU !!!

The VVT cam must also be replaced with one from a non VVT application and a non VVT gear. Current list of changes to install a 2.5 Focus engine in 2002 Ranger without robbing "major" parts from original engine Special South American 2.5 Ranger intake P/N coming. ($100 special deal) 2.3...
  11. Found! For 2002 Duratec engine ....

Junkyards were generous! Got it all now switching the 2.5 over to fit the Ranger wit the "special" South American 2.5 intake.
  12. Rear end swap help?

Yes the toughest thing is the darn E brake cables.. Otherwise a one day job.
  13. 2.3L ('02-'11) need help to disable VVT on 2008 2.5 duratec. SOLVED !! THANK YOU !!!

Thank you!!! I ordered their $30 kit just now. now I'll grab a new stock 2.3 non VVT cam gear and be done. Thank you again Randy
  14. 2.3L ('02-'11) need help to disable VVT on 2008 2.5 duratec. SOLVED !! THANK YOU !!!

I am going to do a 2.5 Duratec swap into my 2002 2.3 equipped Ranger. (Yes I have the special intake) I need to know how to plug the VVT in the head and (I assume) I will also change the driver's side cam gear away from the VVT style to that of the 2002 2.3 non VVT style. Anyone with a...
  15. Found! For 2002 Duratec engine ....

Ranger 2.3 Duratec , valve cover , timing cover , oil pan. CHEAP , used , usable still , parts. I'm in So Cal trying to finish a replacement engine so the swap goes faster. Social Security limits my "spending money". Have some parts I could trade. If you only have one item I'm interested! Randy

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad