• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by gun_mike

1. 4D56 A Perfect Swap?

I'm in the process of putting a 4D55 into my 1991 ranger. The 4D55 and 4D56 share the same block. You can also put a Hyundai DB4H in there its a copy of the 4D56. They fit in the engine bay very easily and bolt up to the Mitsubishi FM146 and FM145 as well as another transmission, can remember...
  2. The Garage seized my 83 2.2 diesel engine

I rebuilt my 2.3 4d55, The main bearings i got from Ebay (Japanese mfg), and the connecting rod bearings and pins bushing (both sealed power) were purchased from rock auto. I plasti-gauged them and the clearances were great. I would buy from them again. Regards, Mike
  3. 1991 Ranger, 2.3 Mistubishi Turbo Diesel Swap

Hi Everybody, This is my first build thread. I started out just looking for an 85-87 turbo diesel ranger. After 3 months of searching, one showed up on Craiglist. Unfortunately the truck was in terrible shape. Luckily it was a good price so I picked it up anyways. I pulled the motor and...
  4. Hello

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I've been a Ranger fan for most of my life. Recently bought my third Ranger, a 1988 4x4 swapped with a Mitsubishi 4d55 turbo diesel engine. I've got many plans for this drive train, and look forward to sharing my progress with all of you. In the past I've...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad