• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by HamsterStyle

1. Rotten eggs (sulphur) smell in cab after running about 5 minutes

Sorry about bringing this up late, but I figured out why this happened. While the catalytic converter is a likely culprit, in this case my truck is OK. It was actually the water plant where I lived in Cedar Rapids, which had completely failed and was making the whole city smell like rotten...
  2. Inconsistency in recommended spark plug (2008 4.0L 4x4)

OK, thanks guys! This answered a lot of questions. I ended up going with some Autolite double platinum spark plugs for now - with the rebate they ended up at 88cents a pop. At some point down the road I'll get the double plat Motorcrafts too. The main thing I wanted to know was why those...
  3. Inconsistency in recommended spark plug (2008 4.0L 4x4)

So, I have a problem I've noticed that I hope y'all can help with. I have a 2008 Ford Ranger 4.0L 4x4 with 135k that sorely needs its original spark plugs changed. Yes, I know it's been too long. When I check that on Rock Auto, for Motorcraft OEM, only the copper electrode / nickel plated...
  4. Rotten eggs (sulphur) smell in cab after running about 5 minutes

Hey guys, New to the ranger forums, been lurking when I need to find answers. Overall I've found very helpful information on here so far! I'm new to owning a Ranger as well, having bought one a year ago. I have a 2008 4.0L 4x4. When I start it up, and run the heater (it's about 30 up here)...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad