• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by hitech_hick

1. hitech_hick

8.8 swap

I would change the wheel bearings, I would bet that they are stock, and it is one less thing to be worried about. The $20 is well worth the piece of mind... hick
  2. hitech_hick

Dana 30 SAS

Came here to say this... As for Jeep D44's... '87-'89 XJ's (Cherokees) had the option of a rear D44 Some TJ's (Wranglers) had D44 rears (Sahara's, Rubicon's) TJ Rubicons came with a front LP D44 center with D30 outers JK Rubicons come with D44 rears and LP D44 fronts, they are 5x5 bolt pattern...
  3. hitech_hick

dana44 front dana 60 rear.

Personally I have kinda given up on convincing people to go with a D60 in the front. If they insist on running a D44 or a D30, I let them. I figure that it is their money and their rig, they can build it how they see fit. Personally I have seen D44's hold up to 38's behind a healthy small block...
  4. hitech_hick

dana44 front dana 60 rear.

Might be further ahead grabbing a D44/9 inch combo out of a Bronco or F150. The D44 would already come with radius arms, the axles would be just as strong (for the most part) and the axles would also be lighter. Either way though, it is really your choice, whatever you have available to you. As...
  5. hitech_hick

gearing for 44" tires?

True. I think that the original poster for this thread had a lot of pie-in-the-sky ideas, and no plans or means to carry it out. It takes more than than a lift to run 40's... hick
  6. hitech_hick

gearing for 44" tires?

4BT all the way... :headbang: hick
  7. hitech_hick

Rockwells

Good point, but with auto manufacturers turning out cars now with an electrical steering link, that point kinda gets tossed out the window. hick p.s. On a personal note, I would prefer the good old fashioned mechanical link, but I would take hydro in a second over an electronic linkage.
  8. hitech_hick

Rockwells

From what I have read, there are no laws regarding the need for a mechanical link between the steering wheel and the knuckles. Lots of heavy construction equipment (cement trucks for example) have full hydro steering. On some newer cars (Prius) it is an electrical link off of the steering wheel...
  9. hitech_hick

Rockwells

$1,100 seems a bit steep, as for using these axles on a DD, I wouldn't recommend it. The gearing should be 6.72's, they are wider than full sized axles, but you can flip the hubs to make them a somewhat reasonable width. One thing to consider with these axles is the weight. They are enormous...
  10. hitech_hick

SAS cost?

In my experience, it takes longer than 5 min to pull a shaft on a D30, especially if the axle hasn't been gone through in a while, but that is besides the point. Aside from the weak housing and the smallish ring and pinion gears, my biggest gripe with the D30 is that it is not even a full...
  11. hitech_hick

What kind of axles?

If you could get it for a $1,000 I would say go for it. I have a feeling though that it is going to go a bit higher. hick
  12. hitech_hick

Rear end axle swap

Hmmm Step 1 Buy cheap 8.8 for project Step 2 Sell 9 inch to hot rodder for obscene amount Step 3 Profit :icon_cheers: hick
  13. hitech_hick

Question about frt 60's

Yeah, where did you find that guy? hick
  14. hitech_hick

Rear end axle swap

Not to over complicate things here, but what is wrong with running a Ford Explorer 8.8 rear? hick
  15. hitech_hick

Question about frt 60's

I don't disagree on the value of the front axle, I just haven't seen the rears being sold for very much. I have seen D60 rears with disc brakes, and bored spindles go for less than $200. Just doing those two things along would cost you $500-$600 on a stock '78 rear axle. If you or someone you...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad