• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Huemann

1. Huemann

Alternator power always pulling

I have never found the battery dead after sitting for a while in the past, but this battery is new of three weeks. Did as you suggested yesterday and today. Without starting, it had been sitting a few days, the battery read: 12.71V After I started it, it was: 14.38V After five minutes of...
  2. Huemann

That's very good to know. In my manual it has a sections on charging system troubleshooting. It gave me the test I was using to check for shorts, and said if the test light lights, you have a short. I switched to my multimeter and that's when I found my reading, thought I had a short. Been...
  3. Huemann

Thank you for your response. Yes, I'm having an issue when the temperature gets low (Something like 30-40F) I lose power in the system gradually until I lose blinkers, radio, headlights. The battery gauge in my dash shows this process. Depending on the temperature this can last anywhere from 5...
  4. Huemann

I've been trying to solve an issue on my truck, 1989 Ford Ranger XLT 2.3l Manual Transmission, and I've just found myself confused. I believed I found a short, I took the negative cable off and with my multimeter reading mA put the ground on the post and the positive on the cable. Got a reading...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad