• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Hunt4Fun

1. Identify part off of the Heater Control Valve

Excellent help Ron. I'll look into it tomorrow morning. Thanks again.
  2. Identify part off of the Heater Control Valve

Anyone have a suggestion on next steps?
  3. Identify part off of the Heater Control Valve

I went to the junkyard today and picked up a second complete gauge set. Both it and the one I purchased from a local guy act the same. The fuel gauge seems to work, the temperature gauge works. Haven't taken it for a drive as yet. Truck is still on jack stands. The oil pressure at start jumps...
  4. Identify part off of the Heater Control Valve

I removed the old cluster today and took it apart. Looks like I'll be able to change the speedometer section of the gauge if I get another one without a tachometer. Looking locally for one.
  5. Identify part off of the Heater Control Valve

I assume there is a way to transfer the odometer over to the new cluster?
  6. Identify part off of the Heater Control Valve

Thanks Ron. Do you feel I need to replace the gauge cluster?
  7. Identify part off of the Heater Control Valve

I think the gauge cluster is bad. I removed the cluster. Then ran an ohm meter across the plug below: Starting at the left, which I believe to be the fuel wire, I get 37.4 but it was moving around a lot, 1 (error code on my tester I think), 30.0, Error code, 28.5, 31.8, 103, 54.7, 54.6, Error...
  8. Identify part off of the Heater Control Valve

Key off shows 12+ volts. Engine running shows 14+ volts. Just bought the truck a few weeks ago. Going through it and fixing all failing items. The fuel gauge has been down since day one. So far I have: Replaced Cruise Control Buttons Replaced Negative Battery Terminal Oil Change Power Wash...
  9. Identify part off of the Heater Control Valve

Getting the sending unit out was quite the project. 26 years of rust and red lock-tight. Wow! It is out and the new one is in. Now the alternator light is on. :( Going to let it warm up and see if the gauge ever moves. This happened before I change the temp sensor but then corrected itself...
  10. Identify part off of the Heater Control Valve

Gauge works to Hot on ground. Changing the sending unit. Thanks.
  11. Identify part off of the Heater Control Valve

Much appreciated. Will follow up in the morning.
  12. Identify part off of the Heater Control Valve

I updated the description. My Ranger is a 1997. The engine is a 3.0.
  13. Identify part off of the Heater Control Valve

I changed the coolant today and now I have good heat. I also flushed the heater core. Both were in bad condition. I noticed that the water temperature gauge is not functioning. The gray tube coming off of the heater control valve is torn. Is this the part related to the temperature gauge not...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad