• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by I am me

1. Help! Wrong clutch? Urgent!

I was trying to install a new clutch in my '86 Ranger and I found that the splined hole in the clutch disk ia too small to fit the transmission shaft! I bought the clutch kit for my year truck wao I don't know why it doesn't work. My truck is 4wd and has the FM145 transmission. The first clutch...
  2. 4x4 swap?

Is there a difference in the frames on an '86 extended cab 4x4 ranger and a '87 long bed 2wd? It's not looking to like I'll finish my engine swap this year, but I do need 4wd in the winter, so I was thinking of geting a 2wd long bed Ranger and swapping the transmission and front end from my 4x4...
  3. Help me find this part!

I have a '86 Ranger and I need to replace the rusty bracket in the pic. I thought it was called the front lower shock mount buy I can't find it online or at the store. One bolt holdes the shock on and the other two hold the bushing for the sway bar. What is it called/where can I get it ? Also...
  4. Pressure plate to tall?

I bought a new clutch kit for my '86 Ranger (2.9L V6) and the fingers on the pressure plate are higher then on the old pressure plate. It says on the site i bought it from it's the right part but it's definitely different. The release bearing is also different looking. Could it be that the new...
  5. Stuck key

My key got stuck in the ignition lock cylinder and the only way to remove it is to take out the lock cylinder and turn the key back far enough that it comes out. The mechanism that the shaft of the lock cylinder goes into is what's preventing it from turning back far enough. What do i do?
  6. Electrical and other problems

My key got stuck in the ignition. I thought I used the right one but there were two on the key ring so I'm not totally sure(new truck). The rest of this probably would be better for the electrical forum but I don't want to start another thread. I took the engine out of the truck to do a diesel...
  7. Stiffer Suspension for a Bigger Engine

I'm in the process of installing a Mercedes OM617 engine in my '86 Ranger, and because it's a much heavier engine I was thinking of putting F150 coils up front. This would also, hopefully, give me a little lift. I've got a spare engine that I'm going to trade/sell to a guy who has an F150 and a...
  8. Clutch hydraulic line removal

Do I have to pull this pin? I've got a 1986 ranger with the 2.9l v6 and FM145 trans.
  9. FM145 bolt pattern?

Anybody got it? I need it to make an adapter and would rather not measure it myself unless I have to
  10. '86 Ranger has no power

I just bought a ranger and it starts fine but has very little power to drrive. I'm guessing fuel starvation. The gas tank rotted through so I'm sure there's junk in the fuel lines/filter, hopfuy that's the issue. I'm putting a new tank and filter in tomorrow and I'll blow out the fuel lines with...
  11. '86 Turbo Diesel Build

I'm getting a 1986 4wd Ranger (just got to tow it home now) and I'm planning on sticking a Mercedes OM617 engine in it. I might use a vw TDI engine instead but I really don't want to mess with all the electronics that go along with the vw engine. Called a couple junk yards today to see if...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad