• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Iker316

1. 88 2.9 swap to 4.0

Ok, 4.0l I bought has been rebuilt and ready go into Ranger 88 4x4. I have the wiring harness for the engine but don't have ECU. First question; can I just go and find and ECU from a '99 explorer? (we think the engine came out of and Explorer). What will I find behind the ECU from the dash...
  2. 4.0L Rebuild

Here I go, diving into this. Looking for opinions on best brand/place to buy rebuild kits and if rod and rockers are common items to replace when rebuilding. These rods look a little worn to me but then this is my first rebuild.
  3. New From Bama

Here are the only 2 identification items on the block. The valve covers have a sticker on them that says 99 but I'm not really trusting that.
  4. New From Bama

:popcorn:hey y'all; Bought a 1988 Ranger 4x4 Manual that a kid hit a tree with so I'm going to try and rebuild and get back on the road. Already went out and acquired a 1984 front end so while I have the front cut off thought I would rebuild engine, which I've never done. Once I got the engine...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad