• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Ilike55s2

1. 1997 Ranger "NO START",,,,,,

Well,,I figure ya'll have heard this a few times but I got me a wooly Bugger here,,,!! My neighbor had this and finally got tired of paying mechanics and trk still will not start,,So ,,he brings it here and left it! Called me later and said I could have it for $200. It is actually a Mazda with...
  2. 1996 Explorer 4.0 into a 1991 4.0 Ranger?

I read back on here for such a swap but do not see one I can reference to, so, would like to see what's out there. The 4.0 in my 1991 Ranger,, I'm pretty sure,, is going to need some serious help. I have access to a low milage 4.0 from a 1996 Explorer and would like to know if this engine swap...
  3. Got me another Ranger,,,,,

Well Chit,,,,,I feel like i'm takin two steps back more than forward,,,,repaired the battery to starter wire and it now cranks like a drug addic,,,,!!!! ;) but it don't want to run,,,,Fuel pressure is 40# and swapped out a known good coil from neighbor's Explorer,,(that'll teach him to leave me...
  4. Got me another Ranger,,,,,

Well,,I got a bit of an update,,but it still ain't fired YET,,,chit,,!! The new ends on the main wire from battery to starter done the trick as far as getting it to crank but only tried to fire one time. Used some starting fluid but no luck, so, hooked up fuel pressure test kit and fuel pump...
  5. Got me another Ranger,,,,,

Well,,I'm a believer of "First times" for everything,,including this one,!! I went ahead and pulled the starter again as it just would not spin with the key except for a click everytime. Hooked up booster cables to the starter from the trk battery and it spins like a new top,,!!! Put it back in...
  6. Got me another Ranger,,,,,

Hey Ramcharger90,,,,guess I'm a little slow this morning,,,you mean like a wire that may be unplugged somewhere,,??At the starter or at the solenoid on inner fender??? Please help,,,,,
  7. Got me another Ranger,,,,,

Hello to all,,,it's been awhile I been here bugging people but,,I went and bought me yet another Ranger and this one a 1991 Extended cab, 4.0 with 4X4. It is the STX modeland has some snazzy graphics all along the quarters and doors. 5 Speed tranny with CruiseI. It is showing some rust on top...
  8. 92 Ranger 3.0 very rough start up

I just got the new 3.0 in my 92 Ranger started up and thought I was cutting a fat hog when it begin to run very rough at start up. It makes no difference if you try to give it gas,,,the engine will just run as if not enough fuel for it to rev up. After about 10-15 seconds,,it will respond to...
  9. 1992 with 3.0 locked up,,,

Hello,,to all, I am needing some help on my 92 Ranger. I traded for this trk and now find the engine is locked up and will mot turn even with a pipe wrench on harmonic balancer,,!! Tried sticking a screwdriver on flywheel teeth to try to turn that way but no dice. Decided oil pan has to come...
  10. what kind of lube for transfer case and tranny?

Hey Guys,,On my project 1984 Bronco 2 , I finally got the Duraspark conversion done and the V6 just runs out real good. I located a shifter for the 5 speed and trans shifts great as well as the transfer case. I need to do some adjusting on the transfer case shifter as it wants to jump out of 4H...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad