• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by J_giles51

1. Upgraded replacement parts

Starting the process of replacing parts on my 96 3.0L 5-speed to get ready for a road trip next October. Need suggestions for sites where I can get higher quality parts than the ones I'm replacing. Starting with the radiator since it has a crack, then the air intake cuz it got gouged on the...
  2. Hydraulic line issues 96 Ranger 3.0 5 Speed 2wd

This video helped a ton! I took the master cylinder/reservoir/slave hydraulic line out. I took the whole system and hung it on a wall in the garage with two nails through the fastener holes for the reservoir. I took the reservoir cap off to watch for bubbles coming up, inverted the master...
  3. Hydraulic line issues 96 Ranger 3.0 5 Speed 2wd

Omw to work the other morning, went through a light. Shifted 1st to 2nd and my clutch pedal locked up hard as a rock. While waiting for a tow truck, I noticed my hydraulic line had disconnected from the slave cylinder. No matter how hard I tried it wouldn't go back in. Once I got home, I was...
  4. Want to clear up space in engine bay

do do you have a picture?
  5. Grateful Dead headliner

I have an extended cab so I just reclined the seats all the way back. Might have to pull out the seats if you have a standard
  6. Grateful Dead headliner

Yeah, you gotta pull the whole thing out to reupholster it. The right way at least.
  7. Grateful Dead headliner

We had it done in about an hour or so. The hardest part is getting the trim, visors, and oh shit handle out and back in.
  8. Grateful Dead headliner

Took out my ripped up sagging headliner and replaced it with this grateful Dead tapestry
  9. Want to clear up space in engine bay

Makes sense... I just don't have any experience with modifying my truck. Only repair work.
  10. Want to clear up space in engine bay

Any suggestions on where to start?
  11. Want to clear up space in engine bay

I've been putting in a lot of work on my 96 Ranger XLT (3.0) recently and I've noticed how cluttered the engine bay is. My buddy has an S10 and the engine bay is virtually empty, that's how I'd like mine to be. What kind of parts/wires can I remove that aren't necessary for the truck to run...
  12. Rough country lift kit help

Have a 4in rough country lift kit for my 96 ranger XLT but have no instructions for it and can't find any videos for it. The guy I bought the truck from put the back in but didn't do the front. If anybody could help me out, I'd appreciate it.
  13. tips on removing M50D transmission from 96 Ranger 4x4 v6, top bolts.

Literally in the process of dropping my transmission. We've had a hell of a time getting those bolts out. We finally got them out yesterday. What we did was use liquid wrench, and a mix of 50/50 ATF/Acetone to soak the bolts for an hour or so. Then we used a 1000 f/p impact with extensions and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad