• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by James86

1. James86

Leveling

I've had my truck for 10 years and when I got it, the front was significantly lower than the rear. After a few years, decided to have a local shop do a t-bar crank just to level it a bit and do an alignment. Was happy for a year or so, then a leaf broke on one side at some point. I ended up...
  2. James86

4WD not working....

We finally got our snow in Minnesota, and low and behold, for the first time since I've owned my truck the 4WD will not work. The front makes the same clunk as usual, but apart from that, I don't feel the 4WD working. I crawled under and both hubs are engaging as far as I can tell (the CV...
  3. James86

3.0 tuning questions

I've been looking around on the site, asking around a little bit, and am curious about tuning my 3.0. I have a 1999 Flex Fuel 3.0 Ranger with an auto and 4.10 gears. I live in an area with around a dozen different E85 stations and have been using E85 for at least 5 years now in my truck and...
  4. James86

Hanyang Type 88

Here's a bit of a summary on Gewehr 88's: http://cosmolineandrust.blogspot.com/2006/11/gewehr-88-rifle-designed-by-committee.html
  5. James86

Hanyang Type 88

I don't know if I'd want to fire it with that huge crack in the stock. I've handled one Gewehr 88 and don't recall the hole in the floor plate of the magazine like yours. I think if it were me, I'd clean it up a little and give it wall-hanger status.
  6. James86

Hanyang Type 88

For the love of GOD, make sure you get the right ammo loads. The Gewehr 88's were not made for the more common "J" loads for the ubiquitous 8x57 Mauser 98's. Take it to a gunsmith to have it looked over. A 100+ yr old weapon can have various issues like a worn bore or bad headspacing. There...
  7. James86

ABS Codes

My ABS light has been intermittently coming on and off recently on my 1999 Ranger with four wheel ABS. Cycling the key will make the light go out, but I have a scan tool that can pull ABS and transmission codes so I hooked it up when the light came on again and it gave me: B1233 B1234 The...
  8. James86

Still Any Good Surplus Deals?

I've seen CZ-82's (9x18MAK), vz. 50's and vz. 70's (.32ACP) all for under $200. There's also the old Nagant revolvers I've seen numerous ads for around $100.
  9. James86

Just an idea. Go fast truck

I think you'd still have issues with hooking up because all your weight is on the front wheels, not the back.
  10. James86

I've never bought anything off armslist, but I look to see what people in my area are asking for things. Like someone else mentioned I think, Gunbroker ands such are pretty high as well, but at least armslist is generally private party, so you don't have to worry about FFL transfer fees or...
  11. James86

You guys ever go on armslist? I was perusing that and saw people in MN asking 600-750 for a Tantal sporter I bought new for less than $400 a year or so ago. It can give an idea on whats out there and what people want for it. Saw a few Mosins for about $100-$150 still, so that's good. It's...
  12. James86

Honestly, the gun that made me drool most was a K43 I saw at the local show one year. $1200, but the thought of a semi-auto in 7.92x57mm seemed badass, plus there are a lot of people who only think of Kar 98k's or Stg44's when it comes to German WWII rifles.
  13. James86

I know what you mean... the price gouging has gotten absurd. I paid $389 for a Tantal AK74 pattern rifle about a year or so ago. I probably could've doubled my money just parting it out - the wire side-folder stock it came with is well over $100 on its own on some sites. Then you see stuff...
  14. James86

I suppose I could run thru a few of the "milsurp" stuff I've owned and give my opinion if you're interested: Mosin Nagant M44: You didn't mention what model you have, but M44's are pretty fun since they're absurdly short which makes for an impressive muzzle flash. The permanent folding...
  15. James86

I agree on the Mosins. I fondly recall seeing them for $89 at Fleet Farm. I have a TTC and its not bad, but I prefer the M70A because with the longer grip for 9 rnds, it seems to fit my hand better, plus an actual safety is better than that stupid afterthought shit they slap on TTC's to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad