• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by JamesD

1. Looking for picture of Dog Dish hub cap retainers

I bought some factory style Dog Dish hub caps for my 86 ranger. Turns out there is a retainer that holds them in place? Does anyone have a pic of them? and where I can get them? Thanks in Advance
  2. Painting dash and surrinding parts

After 30 years my ranger's dash is pretty burnt up. The rest of the interior is also faded. I would like to revive it in the future. I have the basics down when it comes to paint as I'm almost done with the body paint. I believe interior painting is much the same with exception of aggressive...
  3. Adding Third Brake Light to older Ranger

My 86' Ranger never came with one. Although I would like to add one without too much cutting. Where I live there is a lot of traffic on the road and everyone is not the best of drivers. So I want to feel a bit more safer in traffic.
  4. Window seal replacement (no Vent window)

MY paint progress on the ranger is nearing the end. I would like to replace the window seals/dew wipes on my 86 ranger. Has anyone had experience replacing them?
  5. Ford Ranger GT?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYTUe8MIomc
  6. New Fuel filler neck 1986 Ranger short bed

The bed is almost ready to go back on. I want to replace my filler neck as the old one is about shot. I have had not much luck finding one. I know Amazon sells filler neck hoses. Just want to know if anyone have replaced them? Before I start cutting and measuring. James
  7. Mounting the spare tire in the bed Gen 1

My spare tire hardware is missing not even sure how it was holding up there? Anyway, I was thumbing through LMC catalog and found a bed tire mounting kit. Has anyone used it? Or have you made your own mount?
  8. Slow progress on the Ranger but still alive

Bought my 86 Ranger about a year ago. Ran great then stopped running. After a few parts she is running like a kitten again. The bed is off among other things. I'm now on my third coat of rust-oleum green paint. Still have much work to. I don't want her to sit another year!
  9. What do you guys use your old Ranger for?

About a year ago I bought a little 86' Ranger short bed. After several months of laziness and loss of interest. I finally got her back running pretty again! I am happy to move forward with this project. Although, it just dawned on me. What the heck do I need it for? Its too small to be a real...
  10. How to remove Gen1 fenders?

I see some bolts on the top. Do I need to remove the grill?
  11. 86 ranger will not idle! 2.0

I am lost on this one. Here is a bit of history new YFA carburetor, new Dura spark 2 distributor, cap, and rotor. New coil ,new ignition control module. engine will start from cold and will hold a (fast idle) nicely. No smoke or heavy fumes out the exhaust. Soon as I hit the throttle again she...
  12. Bit lost on this one 86' 2.0L will not stay running

Bought my ranger a month ago running smooth but a bit hard to start when cold. Come to find out the automatic choke was not working right. Decided to degrease the motor removed and painted the intake manifold. Mounted everything back on expect the (idle control valve) Not sure if it is really...
  13. At waht tempature should the tempature light come on

I know water will boil at about 220F. So overheating is maybe around 230F? Honestly, I don't trust just a temperature light and soon adding an electric gauge. Right now the engine seems to be running too cool. Temp light does come on at start up so it is working. As for the sender who knows...
  14. Gray Plug in glove box? 86' Ranger 2.0L

Sorry, I don't have picture of it on hand. Its a large grey plug might have 6 or 8 ports on it. It is dangling inside the glove box. Not sure what it is for..:icon_confused: James
  15. Cold start Idle speed 86' Ranger Carb

Cold start Idle speed 86' Ranger Carburetor 2.0 L No stranger to carburetors, so I will try not to sound stupid here..:) On a cold start 40-45 F outside temperature. The engine will start with a pump or two of the accelerator. The is normal because the first pump sets the choke. Once the engine...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad