• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jeepfreek

1. Thunderbird motor

I have installed a 1993 5.0 engine and wiring harness from a 1993 thunderbird in a 1989 Ford ranger using a A9L computer. My question is will the distributor and the ccd tfi work with the a9l computer. The truck has a crank , no start issue, have checked fuel pressure ( 38 psi at fuel rail )...
  2. 1989 V8 swap neep help PLEASE

I have a 1989 Ranger that came with a 2.9 engine, I have installed a 1993 5.0 HO from a Thunderbird and I'm having a few problems . (1) connector 116 has a red/ Lt blue wire that goes through the nss and is spliced off and runs to the tfi ignition module. On the 93 there is only red / Lt...
  3. 93 Thunderbird 5.0 swap questions

Looking to pick someone's brain on some wiring issues who has used the Thunderbird HO motor, wiring harness and computer in a gen 2 Ranger.
  4. 9 inch rear drive shaft question

I have a 1989 extended cab 4x4 with a np 205 transfer case and a 9 inch rear end. What size drive shafts are you all running? One piece, two piece, stock diameter?
  5. 1989 SAS width question

G
  6. Full Width axle swap rim back spacing

Thanks guys. I'm going to narrow them. Going to use 79 Ford Dana 44 and a matching 9 inch, hope to get the 9 sent to Moser pretty soon.
  7. Full Width axle swap rim back spacing

Trying to decide if I should go FW or narrow. The axles are going under a 1989 Ranger and I want the tires mostly covered. Which fender flares has people used and what back spacing on rims work best. Would be great to see some pictures of other peoples fixes.
  8. ecm and wiring questions

My son and I have a 89 ex cab 4x4, we are swapping motor from 2.9 to 5.0. My question is does it make any difference which 5.0 ecm and wiring harness I use as long as it matches the connections on the motor. We are using a manual trans and from other posts it sounds like a auto ecm will be OK...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad