• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by JefF250

1. Extending TTBs

Okay, I'm pretty set on how I'm doing this aside from one thing. MIG or TIG? I'm getting mixed responses from people with welding experience. Will either be fine for a 2" extension?
  2. Extending TTBs

About the metal, I'll go with 1/4" on the extension as it's a diesel. For the plates i was thinking either 1/8 or 3/16. Not sure which one I should go with there. Was also thinking I should box the back where Ford/Dana decided to leave them open. Thinking about it more, I am not sure if it...
  3. Extending TTBs

Okay, so just thinking about it, it makes sense that it will effectively create more negative camber if they are linearly extended. Meaning that I'd either need to lift it more to bring the wheels back to vertical, or I'd have to rotate the beam slightly downward to avoid this. I actually...
  4. Extending TTBs

What kind of steel do you recommend? Any validity to the extend the passenger axle first to mock it up centered in the window, or did you extend them equally? Also, it looks like you simply extended the beam. There is no reason to rotate or turn the beam up and down since mine is already cut...
  5. Extending TTBs

Hey folks, hopped on here because most other forums don't have people familiar with TTBs and they're more interested in bashing them than making them better. I have an F250 with Solo's leaf spring delete kit and I want to extend the D50 TTBs for a couple reasons. From what I understand, it's...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad