• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by JeremyS

1. Cylinder Head Compatibility

I have purchased numerous cylinder heads from this place, including for my 2002 3.0 Ranger, and the quality has been top notch. You can always reach out to them with questions. https://thecylinderheadshop.com/
  2. Misfire

Have you swapped the wires on the coil pack to see if the misfiring cylinder follows the swapped wire?
  3. Misfire

Do a compression test. If you don't have a tester you can loan one from AutoZone. I just went through this, a misfire on #5, and it was a bad exhaust valve seat. I actually had two cylinders with low compression. If compression is good then I would test vacuum. You can also try swapping plugs...
  4. Best heads?

Mine were $310 shipped, but they did not include head bolts or a gasket set. He also sells a kit with a heads, bolts, and gaskets. If he doesn't have them listed on eBay then send him a message and he will let you know when he will have more available. That's what i did and he had some listed...
  5. Best heads?

I purchased heads for my 2002 3.0 from The Cylinder Head Shop. Going on 6 months since installing them and no problems.
  6. Intermittent check engine light

Have you noticed any misfires, especially while at idle? I was chasing a #5 cylinder misfire last year that ended being a bad exhaust valve seat. A compression check would identify if you have this issue.
  7. HELP serpentine belt is SO tight

Compare the new belt to the old belt and see how close they are in size. That will tell you if they sold you the wrong belt, or your belt was mislabeled at the factory. I once had to return a Goodyear Gator belt for this very reason, it would not fit. They gave me another Goodyear belt, the...
  8. 1995 3.0L Cam Syncronizer swap

For something this critical I would stick with Motorcraft. Does Amazon or Rock Auto offer shipping options to Mexico?
  9. i recently bought a 3.0 2002 ranger with automatic for my teenage grandson

Did the truck come with any service records indicating that it had ever been replaced? You can buy a Motorcraft replacement for around $100 shipped on Amazon, I would replace it just to be safe.
  10. 3.0 misfire cylinder 1 at idle when warmed up

I purchased two rebuilt heads from the Cylinder Head Shop in West Virginia per a recommendation that I saw on here. They seem to be good quality, were professionally packed, and I had good even compression across all cylinders after installing them. To replace the heads on my truck I spent...
  11. Misfire When Warm

2002 3.0L Ranger Edge, 145k miles. The problem is once the truck is warmed up there is a misfire at idle and eventually it will throw a code and the CEL will flash. The code is P0305, Cylinder 5 Misfire Detected. I checked the plug and swapped with an adjacent cylinder, as well as the plug wire...
  12. Camshaft Synchronize and Position Sensor

2002 Ranger Edge. 3.0 Vulcan, 140k miles I'm currently doing some tune up and preventive maintenance work to my truck including replacing filters, plugs, and plug wires. I also just installed new control arms with ball joints, front and rear shocks, inner and outer tie rods, sway bar links, and...
  13. 2002 3.0 Oil Pan Gasket Replacement Advice

2002 Ranger Edge 3.0l 127k Miles I just spent the weekend before last tearing the front of the motor down to replace the notorious leaking timing chain cover gasket. It had been leaking for years but got to the point where it was dumping a lot of coolant. While I had it apart I also replaced...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad