• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jimmyfloyd

1. 86 2.9L to 97 5.0L

The Ranger is a 86 2.9L 5 speed 4x4. It is the FM156 trans, long wheel base. The Truck is a 1997 Mountaineer 5.0L Auto. Both are complete. What issues will I run into when trying to swap the motor over? Will it work with the transmission, or will I need to upgrade the transmission and...
  2. 86 2.9L engine issues

1986 Ranger 2.9L 4x4 Manual Ok, the truck has some issues that need attention. The PO threw parts at the problem, so many things have been replaced and some have not. Issues: Hard start after sitting 45 minutes. rough idle seemingly a misfire Backfire that blew out the side of a fairly new...
  3. What is this resistor in the engine bay?

1986 Ranger 2.9L 5spd 4x4 Trying to narrow down some issues. One of them seems to be this piece. i see it has a resistor label on it, but can't seem to find a replacement part. It has a Dark Green/Yellow wire on one side, and either a solid dark green, or Dark Green/Yellow out the other. Seems...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad