• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Joatmon

1. '98 Explorer to '00 B4000 engine swap & cps

Ok, the ranger cam sychronizer appears to work but now that it seems the explorer engine had issues before I swapped it. Changed the plugs & the old ones were all oil fouled on the drivers side & one was crusted over. New plugs on drivers side all blackened with only minutes of run time...
  2. '98 Explorer to '00 B4000 engine swap & cps

Ok, finally got the blasted thing together enough to try starting it. Pretty much everything that could make working on a rig take longer has happened. Seriously it's been an example of all the anti-ford hype I've ever heard, figures I'd have that experience with my first ford... Anyway got it...
  3. '98 Explorer to '00 B4000 engine swap & cps

Yeah they are, blown engine was from a 99 ranger, "new" motor is from a 98 explorer. Both 4.0, auto & 4wd. Thus far the only differences I've found are the wiring harness, synchro & oil pressure sender. With the synchros being different I was worried the timing would be different as well. The...
  4. '98 Explorer to '00 B4000 engine swap & cps

Thanks, I thought about doing that but wanted to make sure it would work before I dropped any more cash on this motor. I'll try it & see how it goes.
  5. '98 Explorer to '00 B4000 engine swap & cps

No ideas? Still haven't gotten anywhere with the truck between this, other issues & the weather. The synchronizers between the two have identical part numbers but the top ends are different. I read somewhere that the explorers used a different camshaft than the Rangers, is this the case or...
  6. '98 Explorer to '00 B4000 engine swap & cps

I'm swapping the 4.0 engine from a 98 explorer into a '00 b4000 that had a blown 4.0 but I'm stumped at the camshaft position sensor. The explorer one has a 3 prong plug, b4000 a 2 prong. Can I just swap the syncro/sensor over? Never had to mess with a cmp before so it's all new to me, any help...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad