• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by joeglime

1. Drop shocks or not?

I didn't realize you could remove the bump stops. I will definitely look into that. The original plan was for an overall drop of 4"-5". Later this year I'll be installing a flip kit in the rear, so if I can drop the front another inch or so it might be enough.
  2. Drop shocks or not?

Thanks, that’s what I figured. It’s good to be sure.
  3. Drop shocks or not?

Hey guys, I've got a '04 ranger with torsion bars for front suspension. I wanted to lower it, so I cranked the em down to the stops, which actually gave me less drop than I was hoping. Less than 2". When I replace the shocks, can I go with standard shocks, since it's such a small drop, or...
  4. 04 ranger 4x4

Thanks for the input guys. I’m trying to do this on the cheap, because life keeps throwing other expenses in the way, i.e. #3 son’s dental work, etc. if I try waiting until I have all the funds, I’ll be old and gray. I’m just going to flip kit the rear suspension, with new shocks, then rotate...
  5. '04 ranger 4x4 lowering ?

I have a few questions about lowering the front end using the TORSION BARS. I don't want to drop it to the pavement, just a few inches. I know I will need an alignment afterwards. (she needs one anyway) 1. What is the max drop I can expect? 2. If it's between 2-3", (3" would be nice) do I...
  6. Ungrade my 04 ranger?

Excellent suggestion! I would have to drag my #2 son with. He’s my goto guy on all things automotive. He’s currently rebuilding the engine on a 99 Land Rover discovery that he picked up for a grand.
  7. Ungrade my 04 ranger?

Thanks guys, I suspected it wasn’t going to be that simple. My original plan was to swap the old 3.0 Vulcan with a rebuilt or reman engine, and throw in a new clutch plate, since I’ll have the engine out anyway. But it all depends on if I can scape up the funds. Now I’m wondering if just doing a...
  8. Ungrade my 04 ranger?

I have a 04 Ranger stepside 4x4, 3.0 v6, stnd 5 speed trans. Bought it down in NC in 2018, and I absolutely love it. The body is still in great shape with minimal rust, but the engine is starting to show wear and tear. I’ve got over 160K on it right now, and even though I keep up on all the...
  9. Ungrade my 04 ranger?

I have an 04 ranger 3.0L 4x4 stepside, with a stnd 5 speed trans. I absolutely love it. The body is still in great shape, but the engine is starting to burn a little oil, and now I’m getting lifter tic. I was wondering how difficult it would be to swap the 3.0 for a four-cylinder turbo. Not...
  10. New truck owner

Sounds good. Passenger side rocker arms are all tight, just have to check the other side now. You’ve actually given me more information than ANYONE, mechanic or otherwise, has given me in the last six months. I’ve already installed an oil pressure gauge, so I know my oil pressure is good. Thanks...
  11. New truck owner

Hello everyone, My names Joe, & I live in Stillwater,Mn. I got my first truck just over a year ago (04 4x4 Ranger, manual 3.0) and I love it. Bought it down in North Carolina from a guy with a growing family. Body in great shape, very little rust, engine & trans work great. I’m not a car...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad