• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jstill

1. 4.0 running rough

Ok thanks. I also forgot I had an pcm for a 91 4.0 and I hooked it up and it seems to have fixed the issue
  2. 4.0 running rough

to add the wiring i meant.
  3. 4.0 running rough

i just checked and its a 94 pcm. i do have codes but they are 327 and 558. to add the pcm where do i start?
  4. 4.0 running rough

just to clarify its actually a 1994 motor from an explorer and a 1991 harness from a ranger in the engine bay
  5. 4.0 running rough

yes the plug wires are in correct order. that is also a great question. i am positive my engine has a cam synchronizer on the back of the motor. to clarify. i bought it swap half done. i just made things work and run. adms08 helped me.
  6. 4.0 running rough

after further investigation mine is not plugged in. which i then question if i even i have wires for it because the engine bay harness is still from the 2.3l that was in there previously
  7. 4.0 running rough

hello, i have a 1990 ranger that was swapped to a 1992 4.0. I cant seem to get it to run right. it has a shake at idle, and around 3000 rpms it sputters until about 3500. i put new plugs and wires and it has not changed. just in doing some reading into those issues i have been lead to believe...
  8. 1990 ranger 4.0 swap issues.

Ok so put the positive meter lead on one and then type negative lead to ground and turn the key?
  9. 1990 ranger 4.0 swap issues.

My battery had 12.6 volts and I pulled the wire off and did the clutch down key to start and I got a reading of zero.
  10. 1990 ranger 4.0 swap issues.

Ok. I put my tester on the small post of the relay. With the wire attached. and it goes from 5 volts to about 9 volts when u turn the key.
  11. 1990 ranger 4.0 swap issues.

so would u recommend replacing the switch?
  12. 1990 ranger 4.0 swap issues.

it is an Manual. does it have a neutral switch?
  13. 1990 ranger 4.0 swap issues.

the starter engages. therefore I will have to check the neutral switch. where on the tranny is this located?
  14. 1990 ranger 4.0 swap issues.

You are correct. I can’t seem to get that to bridge. As in get power from one terminal to the other.
  15. 1990 ranger 4.0 swap issues.

I have been looking it over and comparing to the diagrams above. I have found that there is a selonoid on the passenger side of the engine bay that if you jump with a screen driver the motor cranks over. if you jump the selonoid on the start nothing happens it just arks. still nothing happens...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad