• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jtaborsky

1. jtaborsky

For Sale 1987 Bronco II

Selling my Bronco II. I have owned it since 2009. 4.0 engine. Dana 35 front with warn hubs. Disc 8.8 rear with detroit trutrac diff. M5od trans. Manual 1354 transfer case. 4" lift. 32" tires. Front winch bumper. It deserves a new owner that will appreciate it.
  2. jtaborsky

Wanted Ttb skyjacker lift bracket

Title says it. Don't want to pay for a new one.
  3. jtaborsky

2.9 vs 4.0 y pipe flange

Will it be a flat flange with a round outlet to clamp a universal cat onto, or is welding required? Good info. If I use everything after the y pipe from a 1989 or 1990 Bronco II, will that connect to 4.0 y pipe? The reason I asked this question is the studs on my cat flange are too rusted to...
  4. jtaborsky

2.9 vs 4.0 y pipe flange

Wasn't sure where to post this. Do 4.0 and 2.9 have same flange on their y pipe? I'm trying to figure out the exhaust on my 4.0 Bronco II. Will bronco ii exhaust bolt up to a 4.0 y pipe?
  5. jtaborsky

m5od slave cylinder o ring

What size o ring do I need for the hydraulic clutch line going into the slave cylinder?
  6. jtaborsky

M5od spacer separator plate

Bummer. Thanks for your help.
  7. jtaborsky

M5od spacer separator plate

I messed up the plate between my 4.0 and my m5od. I know the replacement has to be from a manual. Will the plate from a m50d 2.9 work? How about a plate from a 2.9 and other manual transmissions? 2.8?
  8. jtaborsky

For Sale .

I wish you were closer. I can't imagine how expensive shipping would be. This should also fit first gen rangers and bronco II's with some cutting (frame width is the same). Good luck with sale!
  9. jtaborsky

How's your gas mileage?

Pictures attached of what trans is doing. That was after a few thousand miles. It grinds going into every gear when moving. It has some codes, but I don't remember them. I really wish Moates hadn't shut down without warning so I could get some real data! My 460 smells a lot richer than my...
  10. jtaborsky

How's your gas mileage?

My 460 also gets around 11 in my '93 with 4.10's. I've converted to mass air, added a quarterhorse (RIP), and been working on the tuning to improve it. I did the math and concluded the original combo (205 tires and 3.45 gears) is roughly equivalent to the current combo (32" tires and 4.10...
  11. jtaborsky

How's your gas mileage?

I think your mpg sounds low. My 2010 Explorer 4wd 4.0 gets 22mpg doing 80mph, so I'm surprised yours isn't higher. Thanks for the reply.
  12. jtaborsky

How's your gas mileage?

I just filled my tank yesterday and calculated around 10mpg. Vehicle is a 1987 Bronco II 4.0L 4wd with 4" lift, 32" mud tires, and 4.10 gears. All driving was 4wd and I let it warm up about five minutes before driving, which doesn't help. Still 10mpg seems really low. Tell me about your vehicle...
  13. jtaborsky

How to align steering wheel?

Thanks for all the help! @scotts90ranger I had to look up what a turnbuckle is; I'm used to the WWF definition.
  14. jtaborsky

How to align steering wheel?

Are the threads for the tie rods opposite the thread for the tie rod ends, so I can just turn the connecting sleeves, or do I have to pop the tie rod ends off the knuckles?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad