• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Justinwashere

1. UCA alignment questions

Hey guys I have a 2001 Ford Ranger xlt 4.0 with the t-bar style suspension and I need to change the upper control arm and put camber bolts on each side and was wondering if there is a trick to keep the alignment as true as possible so I can drive for a few days until I get to a alignment shop...
  2. Help replacing 4.0 sohc fuel injectors

Hi everyone I am experiencing a misfire on my 2001 ford ranger xlt 4.0 and i need to change a fuel injector. Any tips and tricks to this process and I need to know if I need to take off the damn intake to get to those pesky injectors. Any help is appreciated, cheers
  3. Mysterious shake

Hello guys I have a 2001 ford ranger xlt with the 4.0 sohc and my truck shakes at idle and at 1500 rpm while first driving this problem just started a couple days ago and 5-10 minutes into driving the shake goes away with no trace and when it does shake it really shakes. I am pretty worried and...
  4. 4.0 sohc Passenger side valve cover questions

My buddy has a 2004 ranger XLT 4.0 sohc and it has been putting out P0174 and P0171 and i suspect that it is a vacuum leak of some sort so i look under the hood and i know that there is a pcv valve on the rear drivers side of the engine and that looked good but on the passenger side valve...
  5. Fuel filter replacement

I have a 2001 ford ranger xlt 4.0 with 180k and I need to change the fuel filter, It has the factory filter on there and is getting bad. I have a replacement filter and am wondering if there is a special procedure on the fuel line clips that go on the filter, if I break the clips I am S.O.L due...
  6. Differential maintenance questions

I have a 2001 ford ranger xlt with the 4.0 sohc and it has 4.10 gears in the rear end and I need to change the diff fluid. My question is can I use a synthetic 75w-90 instead of the recommended 80w-90, and what do you think of lube locker gaskets? Any help is very much appreciated.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad