• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Kevin Evans

1. Can't Get '85 2.8 to run

Did you test for spark? If you have a spark plug tester, connect that and see if you're getting spark. If not, take a plug, ground the body of it, connect it to a plug wire and see if it sparks when cranking.
  2. 1984 Ranger 4x4 2.8L FI (Kitsap County) $700

Selling my 1984 Ford Ranger 4x4 2.8L V6. It's a beater and I've been using it to haul stuff around the yard mostly. I don't really want to sell it but I need the money for school. I converted the carb to FI from an Essex V6 and it's been pretty reliable since then. The FI system & ECU is from a...
  3. How hard would a 2.8 to 4.0 OHV swap be?

I'm getting kinda tired of the gutless 2.8 in my 84. I installed CFI and got that working alright, but I'm interested in swapping to a 4.0 OHV since they're available everywhere. I have the TK4 transmission. Can I just reuse this transmission or would it get torn up by the 4.0 motor?
  4. CEL when coasting down hill, or low throttle

I was driving my friend's 93 Ranger 4.0 and I noticed that he gets a check engine light on usually when he coasts downhill (with zero throttle), or sometimes when it's in too high of a gear with little throttle. As soon as the coasting ends, the check engine light goes away. I tried scanning it...
  5. 93 oil loss?

My friend has an 93 4.0 Ranger. He seems to ignore the oil light when it comes on, so I always end up having to add a quart when I drive it. :pissedoff: Anyway, I've noticed that his 4.0 has a fairly high oil consumption rate. Doesn't appear to be any drips, so I'm guessing it's being burned...
  6. 2.8 CFI - stalls after starting up...

I'm having an issue with my project 1984 Ford Ranger 2.8L. Swapped out the carb for CFI from a 3.8 Cougar. After starting up, the engine stalls after a few seconds. I've adjusted the timing to get max manifold vacuum (need to borrow a timing light) and it's holding steady around 19 inHg...
  7. Couple of electrical questions

Hey all! Does anybody have a pinout of the 8 prong white rectangular connector that goes from the driver side firewall to the ECU harness? I can guess at what some of the connections are for, but I'm not really certain (it has like the dashboard oil & temp sensors, ignition power I think, and a...
  8. 2.8 Aerostar Y-pipe?

So I got a pair of "headers" from an Aerostar the other day at a local junkyard... unfortunately, they didn't seem to have the y pipe. I pop off my old manifolds and I notice that the flange to the Y-pipe is slightly different on the Aerostar. Does anyone know where I can get a y-pipe for an...
  9. What part is located under the mechanical fuel pump?

It looks like it has a single wire coming out of it. I can't seem to identify it... everything is coated in oil. It's located beneath the fuel pump towards the front of the car. Any ideas?
  10. CFI/EEC-IV conversion help

I'm going to be swapping out the 2150 carb for a Ford CFI from a 3.8 (with lots of help from: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/2_8_FuelInjection.shtml). Just recently pulled everything from a Mercury Cougar. I've noticed that the EEC-IV has two inputs for the heated O2 sensors (one...
  11. Howdy from WA

I just realized I never did an introduction. I have an 84 Ranger 4x4 with the 2.8L V6. Truck is in pretty ****in shitty shape, but it runs well. Will be reading a lot of the posts on here :D
  12. WTF do I do with the old smog pump lines?

I have an 84 Ranger with a 2.8L V6. The last owner took out the cat and left the tube going from the smog pump just sorta hanging there. I live in a state & county where there are no emissions tests or anything like that. I decided to take out the smog pump but now I'm not sure what to do with...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad