• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by KnockKnock

1. KnockKnock

Autolite = Fram Group

It's been well-known for quite some time that Autolite and Motorcraft plugs are one & the same, however, I just ordered a set of iridiums from RockAuto (<---those guys really do rock BTW) and as I was going over the Rebate Form where I read line 7, and there it states: Purolator is the main...
  2. KnockKnock

Anyone have a sofa-bed?

Found a pic of one of these in a FlareSide. It appears that it would in-fact take up a metric butt-ton of room back there, and that material doesn't look like the poly-stuff that BedRug brand uses, nor does the seat appear to be marine-grade. :icon_confused: Though it has lost serious...
  3. KnockKnock

Flex-ish/Ranchero photochop request

Inspired by this thread about the newest Ranger, I was hoping that someone with the tools and the talent might entertain us with a visual concept of putting a Flex/Ranchero (Ute) body on the new Ranger chassis. :icon_bounceblue:
  4. KnockKnock

Do it right or do it twice - buy it cheap & pay the price!

Mostly I'm talking about fuel & clutch hydraulic lines, but I'm totally open for conversation about any of this. In another post I mentioned that I've had to drop my fuel tank because a crumby little plastic piece that broke off the top of the fuel pump. I bought the cheapest fuel pump I could...
  5. KnockKnock

duratec mechanical fan delete

I'm curious too. I know on the Rams, the A/C fan doesn't turn on until 225° - way after the mechanical fan should be engaged already, but they have a way to correct this via tuning so that it functions at the correct temps. Is the Ranger the same way in that we could just ditch the mechanical...
  6. KnockKnock

Aluminum vs. Fiberglass

Having zero experience with fiberglass shells, I never thought about how much they might weigh. I'd assume that thinner/lighter/cheaper 'glass tops are available, but prone to the cracking I've heard rumored. I bet your dad had a pretty nice camper. :3gears: It occurred to me today (while it...
  7. KnockKnock

Aluminum vs. Fiberglass

Thanks for providing some names to research. Swiss was the only one on that list that I'd actually found for myself, and I'm sure they will prove to be quite useful in the future. Apparently, I've found your posts helpful before since the boards won't let me add Rep. to your profile again, but...
  8. KnockKnock

Aluminum vs. Fiberglass

I'm curious. Got pics?
  9. KnockKnock

Aluminum vs. Fiberglass

You're right that I forgot about the condensation that a metal shell creates. Insulation in the roof is good for keeping the heat in. Here in Texas, people start to say that it's real cold around 40°, and while I've survived worse, I still tend to agree that 40 is pretty dang cold when you're...
  10. KnockKnock

Aluminum vs. Fiberglass

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know about the problem they had about filling full of water, so I may just have to hang on to my aluminum top until I can find a better one (or parts for this one).
  11. KnockKnock

Aluminum vs. Fiberglass

I don't want to start a flame-war here, but I'm genuinely curious as to the pro's & cons of both. I've only had aluminum, but I might be looking into a fiberglass top (should the opportunity arise), and I wanted to get some of y'alls' (<---Texas word) opinions. From what I know about...
  12. KnockKnock

High capacity fuel tank

I did a search, and I didn't come up with much, but I was just wondering if anyone knew of anything like this available in the U.S. http://thelongranger.com.au/rangerlongrangefueltank.html
  13. KnockKnock

Brain-Storming & Stuff

Well, once the truck gets paid-off, a supercharger is pretty high on the list of priorities so that I can loan against the value of the truck in order to buy it ...hopefully before the truck depreciates below the asking price of the blower. Putting out 250HP and 220lb/ft on an even smaller...
  14. KnockKnock

Suggested Article edit

Jim Oaks has written a ton of great stuff, and I wasn't real sure about recommending a small but helpful edit to a tech article here, but I wasn't sure where it really belonged. Anyway, in the LED section of the tech articles (http://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/summer2008/LED_Lights.htm)...
  15. KnockKnock

Anyone have a sofa-bed?

So it rains, I have a camper-top - let it rain. Besides, it's made out of the same stuff they make boat seats out of and the carpeting is some kind of a poly-something, so you can wash it off with a garden-hose and not have to worry about it. [EDIT: This was 2nd-hand information, and I may...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad