• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Kody

1. Kody

Engine missing

Thank you so much for the help!! I pulled my distributor and swapped out the black tfi for one of the gray tfi's I had and problems are solved I greatly appreciate your help you've been way more knowledgeable and help then alot of things I've read or talked to people about. So thanks again very much
  2. Kody

Engine missing

And if I dont have the recommended voltage what would I need to consider looking into to fix it?
  3. Kody

Engine missing

I looked at the images you sent me about the tfi and I believe my old distributor had a gray tfi and the new distributor I put in has a black one i do believe so would that make a difference in how it would run?
  4. Kody

Engine missing

Ok where do I check the run and start voltage at? Cuz to me it's like you just shut the key off while your driving down the road
  5. Kody

Engine missing

Ok I replaced my distributor with a brand new one but my old tfi was still good and I also just put in a brand new coil...is the ground wire on the tfi a different color other then black? And what would my reading look like on my voltmeter
  6. Kody

Engine missing

Yes I made sure pull the spout thinset base timing...however I read somewhere that said its supposed to have the same voltage as your battery but when I did the test it was like half my battery voltage....and ideas as to why?
  7. Kody

Engine missing

And also tested compression and my highest one was like 120ish pounds
  8. Kody

Engine missing

I got rid of my missing issue I had 2 clog injectors....but my tach is still bouncey and will just die at idle or while driving. Wont bump start after it dies when driving have to stop and start it with the key again. I've test fuel pressure it's good and doesn't fall off when it dies it acts...
  9. Kody

Engine missing

I will most definitely check compression...I have recently done a tune up less then 500 miles ago and truck was running fine for a while after then this issue started happening....it starts up and ideals fine but the tachometer will bounce and flutter around and act like it will die about 3 or 4...
  10. Kody

Engine missing

Hello...hoping to get some light shed onto the issue I am having with my ranger...its got the 2.9 and 5 speed and it recently started having a miss issue...I started with the common things first like the t.p.s and the map and after those didnt help I bought a new distributor and replaced it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad