• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by L321

1. A/C rumbling sound, works one day, but not the next

Rumble may not be the right descriptive word for the sound. The first time I heard it, I thought it was a real bad exhaust leak. Sitting in the truck it sounds like it is coming from below the dash.
  2. A/C rumbling sound, works one day, but not the next

I replaced a leaking A/C line on my 2009 Mazda B4000 last weekend, vacuumed the system and refilled. A/C worked great, drove about 20 miles and then would make a rumbling sound when the compressor kicked on and occasionally after that by still blowing cold air. The next day it didn't cool at...
  3. Bad shake at highway speed

I don't have manual hubs, still the way it came from the factory. The axles do spin all the time though. I know the history of the truck from around 50k miles and the cv axles haven't been out of it since then. Could have had something done before then.
  4. Bad shake at highway speed

I have slightly oversize tires, Trailfinder All Terrain 265/75. It had factory size tires on it when I got it and did the same thing. I have had 3 sets of tires on 2 sets of wheels and symptom hasn't changed any regardless of balancing, including road force balance, rotation of tires, etc. I...
  5. Bad shake at highway speed

It is a steady shake, but not at a really high frequency like I would expect from a driveshaft. The fact that it doesn't seem as bad in cold weather makes me wonder if there is a rubber bushing or something similar wore out somewhere.
  6. Bad shake at highway speed

Just checked and can get a used driveshaft from a Ranger for around $100 and would be willing to give that a try. I am assuming it's the exact same? I have found that a lot, can by the same part with the Ford name on it for a lot less than a Mazda labelled part.
  7. Bad shake at highway speed

Vibration gets worse if go faster. Have rotated tires and doesn't change. Have had tires rotated and balanced with old wheels and tires, old wheels and new tires, and new wheels and new tires and doesn't change.
  8. Bad shake at highway speed

I will try that, but will need to pick up another pair of jack stands first.
  9. Bad shake at highway speed

Yes, have replaced rotors, pads, drums, and shoes
  10. Bad shake at highway speed

I have had brand new wheels and tires put on and it didn't change anything.
  11. Bad shake at highway speed

I have thought about the driveshaft. Even used ones are $600+ and haven't found a place that balances them around me. The driveshaft is fairly rusted/flaky. I would gladly pay whatever the cost is for a driveshaft, but would hate to pay that much and it not help anything.
  12. Bad shake at highway speed

I have a 2009 B4000 4wd that has a bad shake/vibration at highway speeds. It will shake the truck and can really see and feel it in the steering wheel. This has done this every since I got the truck years ago. Since I have had the truck I have had new brakes, new, shocks, new tires, new wheels...
  13. Lug nut question

I have a 91 Ranger with steel wheels and looking at a set of factory aluminum wheels from a 98 Explorer. Will I need new lug nuts? If so what type do I need and where is the best place to get them? Thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad