• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by larrystotler

1. Warning - blasphemous swap inquiry

Agree with a lot of what you are saying, but when I did a quick seach on car-part.com, the closest to me was 85 miles and $250. The cheapest listed is $225(380 miles) and go up to $500. That's for the 94 ranger 8.8 with 4:10 and 10" brakes(didn't specify if it was limited slip though)...
  2. Warning - blasphemous swap inquiry

I thought sure my 87 4x2 was over the leafs. Guess I am wrong. Will have to look when I get back to it. It's been sitting for about 5 years unfortunately. Guess my advanced age has messed with my memory....... Anyway, that's why you ask questions....to either reinforce your self or get...
  3. Warning - blasphemous swap inquiry

I want to swap rears for 2 reasons. I want to change ratios to probably 4.10s since I will likely use tall tires(like 255/70/15s). The second reason is because I want to swap the axle under the springs. I've never been a big fan of having the rear on top of the springs. Puttng a 4x4 Ranger...
  4. Warning - blasphemous swap inquiry

Well, finally have an update. Just picked up a blow-through turbo V6 out of an 83 Buick Regal T-Type with 200R4 trans. The engine/trans are bolted together on a home made stand and the guy I got it from says it will run on the stand. I'm hoping to start pulling the 2.9 & trans out of the...
  5. Warning - blasphemous swap inquiry

Not a big fan of small 4cyls, but appreciate the thought. I would honestly rather do a mildly built 351w but since it's a 2wd, I'm not doing a body lift, and I would like to keep my A/C as well. Now a flathead swap would scream cool, but wouldn't be cheap or easy. Or a 300 I-6, but that...
  6. Warning - blasphemous swap inquiry

The early 80s carb'ed Buick V6's were much better motors than that era Ford 3.8. The Fords had lots of issues with blowing head gaskets as well. Since I'm avoiding fuel injection, the Buick is a better option. If I was going FI, then I could use a newer Ford 3.8, but then you run into the...
  7. Warning - blasphemous swap inquiry

Buick V6 dimensions: Max Width - 26" Length - 23" Max Height - 28 ½" Oil Sump Location - Middle Starter Location - Right Weight - 400lbs 302: Max Width - 24" Length - 29" Max Height - 27 ½" Oil Sump Location - Front Starter Location - Right...
  8. Warning - blasphemous swap inquiry

Wow, I didn't realize how long ago I posted this thread. Time flies........ Current status is still in the planning stages unfortunately. Lost my garage(leased) and move the ranger into a storage unit so not much room to do anything with all the other stuff in the unit(dakota bed & 4...
  9. Warning - blasphemous swap inquiry

I have a 1987 Range XLT 2WD. It's a nice truck that I paid $300 for (& $250 for a trans when I got it) and it ran great for about 2 years. Drove it from VA to the Florida Keys and back with no issue other than having to replace the carrier bearing when I got back. Unfortunately, at 183k, the...
  10. Swap a supercab onto a regular cab frame?

Ok, have a few questions. But first, here's what I have: Last fall my son bought a 95 Supercab 4x4 4.0 for $200. He wanted the axles for his 88 4x4. The only thing holding the rear frame together was the bed. However, the cab was in really good shape, so I saved it & posted it to...
  11. Need some advice on Engine swap

I've been reading about a lot of the swaps, but it always seems that my particular situation isn't covered. I have an 87 Supercab 2WD ranger. I have replaced the 2.9L V^ twice so far and it runs like crap. I have another 2.9L, but I also now have a 4.0L V6 out of a 95 Supercab 4WD. I do not...
  12. 87 Auto Trans - 2 size lines?

I have an 87 extended cab(2.9 V6) that needs a new tranny. When I search for a replacement, I find that there was a 1/4" & a 3/8" transmission line version. What is the difference between the versions? Can I swap to a different one(locating one isn't the easiest thing to do). I looked at...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad