• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by litleblue

1. 1985 Ford Ranger Idle Surge

Yes there are plenty of ways to do this. A cheap code reader from Auto Zone NAPA etc is about 30 bucks. If you know how to use a volt meter you can short the Self Test Input to ground and count pulses. Kind of a pain in the ass but it worked for me fine in the early 80’s.
  2. 85 2.8 Idling too high

You are on the right track with the Pinto/Mustang II carb and duraspark ignition. The EECIV has to be all together working properly or or all gone there is no halfway. Your other photos, the exhaust thermactor check valve is the part that was making noise. It should be hooked up to the air pump...
  3. 85 2.8 Idling too high

On the right hand side of the carb float bowel there is a circle with a number in it. It should be a 1.08 Venturi, if you have a 1.21 Venturi the carb is to large and the engine won’t run right. Go find the right carb. Ford 2150 carbs come with ported vacuum. To find the connection take an air...
  4. What should I replace my 84 with!

I purchased my Ranger 28 years ago an have come to the realization that the bitter end is in sight. The Ranger will have to be replaced within the next few years. Any thoughts on what I should repace it with? (seems like Ford wont be supporting the Ranger platform anytime soon in the US) Would...
  5. What would you buy?

I purchased my Ranger new in 84. As much as I love driving the vehicle I am coming to the realization that it might not be practical to keep repairing this truck. As most 2.8 drivers know they were only produced for 3 years with the feedback carb engine managiment system, the TK5 transmission is...
  6. TK-5 Shifter

1984 ranger 2.8l 5 speed tk-5 I just talked to my ford delar they cant seem to find this shifter assembly anymore. Is there still a source for the shifter? Or is the local Ford delar just not looking hard enough. Anybody Know
  7. Transmission Identification TK-5

I have the original build code for the transmission that was installed in the vehicle in 1984, however the transmission has been changed with several rebuilds since then (about 5). IN peperation for the next time the transmission gave me problems I decided not to return the last core and rebuild...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad