• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by locovaca

1. 95 Seat Base into 93, issues with seat belt track

The front driver's seat base on my 93 Extended Cab wouldn't slide due to rust so I found a nice one on eBay that belonged to a 95 Extended Cab. Just eyeballing everything online made it look like it'd fit fine. Well, it did, except for the seat belt buckle track/slide that attaches to the...
  2. Smaller Pulley with Saginaw Pump?

Last year I did a total tear down and rebuild of my 93 3.0, and in the process I threw on a Saginaw pump (local Advance had one, in stock, for like $50, can't beat that?). I've had it on and running since March, but one thing has bugged me to no end. When you are at warm idle (~700-750 rpm)...
  3. 93 Exhaust Manifold Changeover

Does anyone know what the difference between the early 93 exhaust manifolds (which fit 91-93) and the late 93 exhaust manifolds (which fit 93-96) are? I'm looking at the pics at Rock Auto and they look identical to me. I have a late 93 by the manifold dates (after 4/5/93 is considered late...
  4. My old truck sounds like... an old truck

Long story short, I bought a 93 3.0 last April, tore it down to the frame and finally have it back together. The truck runs fine, got the timing set, seems to have plenty of power (definitely more than my 2.3), but any time I accelerate it makes an loud, annoying "chugging" sound. Just like in...
  5. Who has swapped intake manifolds from a newer 3.0 to an older one?

I did to mine. The thermostat bolts broke off in the lower, saw that the 98-01 style was a little better designed so I pulled both the lower and upper and put them on my 93. The issue is that the stock 93 intake tubing doesn't mate perfectly. The 98 TB bends in at a 45 degree angle or so...
  6. Starter Cable Routing on 93/94 3.0

I'm in the process of piecing my truck back together and have gotten stuck on the starter cable routing. I looked at a JY but they only had a 98+ and the cables on that appeared to go straight down by the battery tray and follow the block to the starter. That routing doesn't seem to make sense...
  7. Do I need to prime the oil pump?

I took on a project Ranger and took it down to the frame. It's been a 7 month project and the engine needed a bit of work (Timing Chain, Oil Pan Gasket), and it's been on a stand drained of all fluids for almost the entire time. I'm getting ready to finish. Since it's been so long since it...
  8. Digital oil pressure gauge recommendations?

I'm in the process of building up a "new" Ranger and am doing my second digital gauge swap. This time I'm using a set from a Cougar, which has an oil pressure gauge but it's hard wired as a dummy with no way of hooking it up to a real pressure sensor. So I'm looking for a digital oil pressure...
  9. Camber bushings for a stock truck?

I'm getting ready to POR-15 my I-Beams (as well as a ton of other things). I'm putting all new hardware on the beam and outward. I just got the ball joints out tonight, it looks like I have 0 degree fixed cambers currently. They're rusting to no end, so I want to replace them. Rock Auto has...
  10. POR-15'ing the Frame, question about crossmembers

As the title states, I'm tearing my truck down to the frame and POR-15ing it. Never done anything like this before, and it's been a very good learning experience. My truck has seen about 17 Iowa winters and it has some loose rust on the rear frame. I'm wire wheeling it off with a grinder, and...
  11. For those that have done the 95-97 Brake Retrofit

I saw a post on another Ranger site (*cough* RPS *cough*) where a guy complained about the steering stops being different between the 95-97 I-Beams and earlier, where the caliper bolts were hitting them a little too early. Has anyone else had that problem? I saw a mention of the steering stops...
  12. Changing oil pan gasket, new bolts?

I'm going to be throwing a new oil pan gasket on my 93 (along with a ton of other stuff). I was planning on going with this FelPro gasket According to this article Ford came out with an updated gasket and it requires longer bolts. Has anyone put on a new gasket? If so, does that FelPro look...
  13. Steering Shafts Rusted Together

I'm in the process of pulling my cab off the frame and am trying to get the steering shaft off. I have the bolt out that connects the column to the lower shaft, but it's not coming apart. I've shot PB blaster at everything I can get at, still nothing. Any thoughts on how to get them apart?
  14. Extended Cab Weight and Removal?

I just picked up a used 93 Extended Cab with 128k on it. For living in Iowa its entire life the thing is in relatively immaculate condition. That said, I want it to last for a while, so I want to clean up the frame surface rust and put some rust bullet on it. I've never done anything like...
  15. Might as well do a Head Gasket?

Just picked up a new to me 3.0 (93 with only 128k). The engine is in fairly good shape except some faint ticking and a slave cylinder on its way out. One of the exhaust manifold bolts snapped off, or so it seems, by #3 cylinder. I'm thinking there's a leak there. So I'm going to try to pull...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad