• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Mdarius

1. First Ranger, probably not my last

I have a dial on the dash next to the stereo. 2Hi, 4Hi, 4Lo. When I put it in 4Hi I thought I heard it click over and I felt like I had a little better traction...could have just been hope. I put it in 4Lo and certainly got more power. The clutch was slipping terribly and I just had spinning in...
  2. First Ranger, probably not my last

Well, it turns out the tires that were on it were scalloped so bad I had to get new tires. I went with 265/70R16 (30.6 inches I think) Toyo AT2's. So, no slippery slope for now. Based on Biggfoot44's comment and some other threads I've been reading, I think the best future for this truck is make...
  3. First Ranger, probably not my last

This is what I sold to get the Ranger. (We kept the dog.) It's an '84 FJ60 Land Cruiser. We added a winch after we got stuck in this mud pit. 3 of the 4 vehicles in the picture were stuck. Lockers are great!
  4. First Ranger, probably not my last

This is the family daily driver and adventure rig. 3X locked, 3" lift on 33's, ARB bumper.234,000 miles.
  5. First Ranger, probably not my last

This is my son's current vehicle: a '92 Land Cruiser. At 12MPG vs. 18MPG plus, the Ranger is a real upgrade for his lifestyle.
  6. First Ranger, probably not my last

Hello! I'm a long time Land Cruiser owner, but I'm not a bigot! ;) I just picked up a 2000 Ranger for my son in college and I'm trying to learn about it's very different engineering. I do a lot of wrenching myself. I'd say I can take stuff apart and put it back together decently, and I usually...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad