• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by MEATLOAF

1. MEATLOAF

Miss or shutter on acceleration

01 4.0l SOHC 65k. My truch has developed a miss or shutter during mild acceleration, sometimes severe. Replaced fuel filter, fuel pump, DPFE sensor and TPS sensor. The odd thing is that it seems to run better at cooler outside temps. Could it be a bad MAF. No CEL, Thanks
  2. MEATLOAF

Intermittent miss

01 Ranger 4.0 SOHC 62K. I have what seems like an intermittent miss. When I give it gas (moderate acceleration) it feels like there is a miss. This does not happen all the time. No codes. Cleaned the MAF and the TPS checks out ok. The truck runs great 99% of the time. Also, when in park the...
  3. MEATLOAF

Hard start problem

2001 4.0L SOHC 63K miles. The truck starts fine when the outside air temp is cool (below 60*), but when it gets warmer it is slow to start and I have to depress the accelerator. Runs fine otherwise. Any Ideas? Thanks
  4. MEATLOAF

Fuel pressure regulator

Where is the fuel pressure regulator located on an 01 Ranger 4.0L SOHC 4X4? Also does anybody have any pics of the location? Thanks
  5. MEATLOAF

Cel and 3 codes

I got three codes P0171, P0174 and P0001. They seem to point to a dirty MAF. I cleaned it and the CEL appeared again after about 5 miles. Any suggestions? 2001 Ranger 4X4 4.0L SOHC 55K miles. Thanks
  6. MEATLOAF

2001 4X4 1/2 shafts

Can the truck be driven with the 1/2 shafts removed or do they hold the tire assembly on to the spindle?
  7. MEATLOAF

5r55e trans

Is there a way to make this trans more responsive to forced downshifts? 01 Ranger 4X4. Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad