• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mentalbreakdown00

1. 2.8 vs 2.9 flywheel and clutch

Need to confirm that the flywheels are the same... also from my readings the clutches are 1/16th" difference and the 2.9 should have slightly more holding power? Lastly are the flywheel bolts into the crank the same in a 2.8 vs 2.9?
  2. Been a long while

I have been a member here forever it feels, since around 1998, but I don't own an RBV anymore, so havent been on. Just wanted to drop in and say this is still, if not the most, close to the most well put together and organized forums out there..:icon_thumby:
  3. Reloading at Home

I reload my shot gun rounds with winchester powder/ primers, and whatever wads/ shot are on sale .I do .357/ .38's with 125 gr bullets with 9.8 grains of Power Pistol and CCI primers.
  4. 3.0 Low compression cylinder 6

Hey guys need a confirmation on what I think is going on. I have a 2008 Ranger 3.0 with a cyl 6 missfire. I have only about 40 lbs of compression in #5 150 in all others. Did a cylinder leakdown test and has no leakdown. I am thinking something is wrong with the cam, but on a roller cam...
  5. Been a while

Howdy fellas, and ladies. It's been a while since I got on here, lifes been busy. After almost 9 yrs without a 4 wheel drive I do have one now, but not my beloved RBV's. I have since done a bit of work to it since both pics, but nothing cosmetic. 2" lift 265-75-16 Fierce M/T's I have a ford...
  6. I am now, a Traitor

I have now bought a Heep.... I got a 1995 Cherokee 4x4 4.0 5spd, manual everything for $175. First 4x4 thats driveable in about a decade.
  7. Patriotic; I didn't know this part

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9_bP219ehQ&feature=pyv&ad=5593809645&kw=christian&gclid=CPfuq_Dt16MCFcW77QodQ0JoFg why isnt this still in our star spangled banner??? if only he knew http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZBTyTWOZCM
  8. 1989 Corolla Engine swap

Ok guys, my old 89 corolla is starting to have carb issues, I cannot find anything on swapping on a weber, nor can I find anything about swapping a newer drivetrain in from an OBD2 vehicle. I would rather swap in an OBD2 because of ease of diagnosis if I go an engine swap route, any ideas are...
  9. This person should not be allowed

To breed, or at leat be made to have some kind of sense before he does http://gainesville.craigslist.org/cto/1866638559.html
  10. need some ideas for a truck

I am thinking on putting a transmission in an acquired van me and my dad got, in turn maybe scoring his 87 B2 4x4 auto. If I did this the poor ol 2.9 is old an tired with a known cracked head or two, what would you do to make it a capable trail rig without too much cash in it, I know a 4.0 and...
  11. SBF Balancer

I have a 1995 model 302, summit is telling me I need a 28 oz balancer, I could have sworn it's 50 on the newer models, google isn't turning up a lot for me.
  12. 302 water pump dilemma

Ok guys, I am in an argument. I do believe I can take the 1995 HO 5.0 water pump off and get a truck water pump with the threads for a fan clutch, and the pulley so I can run a fan clutch in my 81 F-100 it is going into, a buddy of mine says no, any help appreciated thanks.
  13. Gun rack

It's not ileagle in FL as far as I know...... never been pulled over in 5 yrs for mine
  14. Used oil for fuel

Guys, has anyone heard of or seen someone run a diesel on used oil? I mean used engine oil, used gear oil. I have means of filtering it really well, and also have plenty of it, we fill up a 270 gallon drum a month....
  15. D50 under F-100

any one know how bad it is to straigh axle a 1/2 ton with a 79 dana 44?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad