• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mighty mac

1. 1983 Diesel Ford Ranger For Parts or Restoration - $750

1983 Diesel Ford Ranger with 2.2 liter diesel engine, manual 4-speed transmission with approximately 200,000 miles. Brown with tan interior. The engine runs good. Some rust on the body but the frame is solid. Work is needed on the exhaust. The reverse gear isn't working. Located in...
  2. 1983 ranger diesel block heater

I need to replace the electrical cord on my block heater for a 1983 ford ranger. The cord is damage at the plug end that plugs in on the engine side, i know i can purchase a hole unit but if possible i rather just replace the cord. The plug on the cord has a funky end kind shape like a...
  3. trying to locate a fan clutch for 1983 ranger

Hello, Trying to locate a fan clutch for 1983 ranger with the 2.2 diesel. Went to Napa and other stores and they could not help me. If I can't find a replacement I will have to see if I can have the original refurbish. I would appreciate any help. Chuck
  4. oem vacuum pump

I have a 1983 ranger diesel and am needing to replace the vacuum pump or (air pump). I am wondering if Motorcraft was OEM for the pumps. I was told that Motorcraft did not make these pumps but found a web site that listed three manufacturers with Motorcraft being the most expensive of the ones...
  5. 1983 ford ranger 4 speed boot

How is the shifter boot supposed to be attached to the transmission tunnel? My shifter boot just sits there and is always getting knocked around. Thanks for your time and help. Chuck
  6. Stereo installation question

I have a 1983 ranger that came from the factory as a radio delete truck so I'm wanting to install a under the dash 8 track fm stereo. On the back of the stereo is a sticker showing what each wire is for, I have five wires red= 12 volt + black= GND white= GND green= L speaker grey= R speaker...
  7. focal 4 inch speakers

Would a 4 inch focal speakers fit in a 1983 ranger dash and without modifying stock speaker grill. Thanks for your time and help. Chuck
  8. 1983 ranger radio braket and mounting plate

Hello, Im trying to install original style radio back in my truck but I am missing the support bracket and mounting plate and what ever else goes with installing a original radio. If anyone has any pictures or a good description I would greatly appreciated it. It's hard to look for parts when...
  9. Correct antifreeze for a diesel engine

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for my question but please forgive me if not. Here's the question: What is the correct antifreeze for a 1983 ranger diesel? The Chilton's manual is very vague and doesn't specify gas or diesel. I also called the ford dealership who told me to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad