• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Mightyfordranger

1. Mightyfordranger

2007 f150 axle interchangeability

I am suspecting that my truck has a shot pinion bearing in the rear I need to figure out what I can rob axles from. It's a 6 lug from the factory. I think it's an 8.8 I'll have to decide the vin to be certain. Just trying to get prices on stuff, if I can save a grand buy using a junkyard rear...
  2. Mightyfordranger

Using a dura spark setup on a wheel horse.

Anybody want/need to know the how I did it stuff let me know.
  3. Mightyfordranger

Interesting 🤔 adjusting the plug gap. I got it running with the parts I mentioned above in the OP. Just stays 20deg advance now. I just crank it first then flip on the ignition.
  4. Mightyfordranger

70s wheel horse raider 10. Has a techumseh hh100 10hp engine
  5. Mightyfordranger

I gotta do moar research on dura spark see what the deal is
  6. Mightyfordranger

As some of you who know who dabble in vintage garden tractors. You can't buy Tecumseh ignition parts anymore. I have come across a few different methods of building replacement ignition systems. One using a GM HEI module and a ford speed sensor as a crank trigger, and a standard 12v coil...
  7. Mightyfordranger

Careful who you loan your pickup to.

How do you guys get rid of used coolant? There's a place by me that takes hazardous materials as a community cleanup thing. But it's only open a few months a year so I have to hold on to all of it till it opens again
  8. Mightyfordranger

My VW TDI car takes that pink G12 stuff. And ya can't mix it. That's what made me think of that.
  9. Mightyfordranger

Well my friends and I always drive garbage so he's not helpless on the wrenches ya know. We horse trade alot and all of our stuff leaks something just how it is ya know. It's normal to ask for a tractor, mini ex, truck, etc. And be told it's fine just check the fluids before you take it. But...
  10. Mightyfordranger

Rest in Peace Bloodbane

Hard news. That guy was cool for sure. Hope his family is ok.
  11. Mightyfordranger

So a buddy needed my truck for an afternoon. Cool just check the fluids. Says he added some coolant but I think my 07 f150 takes that special gold coolant. And ya can't mix green and gold can you? Anyway can't be too mad at the dude he didn't know and did what I asked. Oh well do I need to...
  12. Mightyfordranger

Wanna buy a generator

That's true. I'm thinking about the UPS idea to protect the "sensitive" stuff. Filter out some noise.
  13. Mightyfordranger

Wanna buy a generator

There is a smaller town near my house with a few machine shops I've worked in but they are 15-20min away Interesting what did they use for the line filters? And I think that one guy is on to something with the UPS idea which is unlimited power supply if Im not wrong? I'd like to get there...
  14. Mightyfordranger

Wanna buy a generator

Here's what I want to run with the backup genset. Fridge Wood stove blower Propane powered tankless water heater so just the switches and the microprocessor that are internal maybe? Well pump 240v Maybe the furnace but I'd like to just use the wood burner, furnace is propane Medium size chest...
  15. Mightyfordranger

Wanna buy a generator

I'd like a tractor to put a pto Genset on lol. What's the limitations on a pto Genset? They output alot moar?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad