• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by MiniMe

1. 91 Explorer popping and grinding in front hubs

91 Explorer 5speedStarted having 4wd problems. popping sound from hubs. suspected hubs were failing. Went to local JY and bought a used set of auto hubs.. Put them on and took it for a drive. when I engage 4wd I hear the same popping sound. I turned sharper than I should have and heard a very...
  2. Engine Rattle

5 speed Exploder engine runs smooth and quiet accelerating or decelerating but rattles while driving at a any constant speed in any gear but any slightest acceleration or maintaining speed on an uphill grade,the rattle goes away. It will also rattle in neutral and just revving the engine. Would...
  3. Blower not working

Recently bought a 91 explorer. The blower motor quit working. Well at first it would work when I banged on the dash but now has completely stopped. My first thought was bad connection at switch. I pulled the connector off the fan switch. I jumped yellow (keyed hot)and org/blk (fan high), blower...
  4. I can see my flywheel M5OD 4.0

I was looking under my 91 explorer today and can see my fly wheel through a rectangular hole. Is this normal? is there suppose to be a cap or plug for this? If so where can I get one? Seems dirt and moisture could get up into flywheel.
  5. oil additive for noisy lifters

any suggestions for oil additive for noisy lifters. Recently picked up a 91 explorer.
  6. Explorer 5 speed grinds going into 2nd

Picked up a very used 91 Explorer Sport 4x4 with 5 speed today. Grinds going into 2nd up shifting and down shifting. not bad but annoying. Could this be a synchronizer?
  7. Junkyard Find

Stopped by the junkyard on my way home from work. Picked up 1 manual locking hub and 2 sets of axle nut/spacers for manual hubs from an early 89 B2.. Total price $17.50. I assume this is all I need to change from auto to manual locking hubs dana 28. Still on the look out for another manual hub.
  8. 4WD problems

I went on a weekend trip in southern Missouri with my 89 B2. 4wd was working great until I got it stuck in a creek. the engine just died and lost my momentum. The engine started right back up but I had to get pulled out.There are no good tie points on the front of the B2 so I hooked it to the...
  9. pinion seal

I have a 89 B2. is this a 7.5 rear end? while changing Drive shaft I thought I would change pinion seal. Fluid pours out when I removed nut and flange to check splines. just need to know which part to get at parts store. Anyone change pinion seal b4? any write up or steps? While I have Drive...
  10. high rpm's at 55mph

I thought my transmission wasnt shifting into OD but last time i drove it i counted. It shifted to all 4 gears but im running around 4000 rpms at 55 mph and as far as i know the gearing is all stock. is this normal? 89 b2 automatic. Also wheres the best and cheapest place to buy a CV driveshaft?
  11. not shifting into OD

I am slowly bringing an 89 B2 2.9 Automatic back to life. The tranny wont shift into OD . Other than not shifting into OD it shifts good in all other gears.. Supposedly it shifted great b4 it sat for so many years. Im hoping its something simple. I dont want to sink any more money into this...
  12. noise from rear end

I am slowly bringing an 89 B2 2.9 Automatic back to life after sitting for a few years. I notice when taking off a little harder than normal from a stop I hear a grinding/popping noise from rear end. If I take off slow or normal from a stop I do not hear a noise. Could this be My CV drive shaft...
  13. Left over Fluids

Ok so we all have a left over gallon of Transmission fluid thats been sitting around in your garage a couple years from a tranny fluid change on a car you no longer have anymore or that unopened qt of oil thats been sitting on a shelf for who knows how long. Im mean really, is there a shelf life...
  14. cylinder 5 not working

recently bought an 89bonco II with 2.9 automatic. after new fuel pump/sending unit, and new screens and orings for the injectors i got it fired up. noticed low oil pressure so i replaced sending unit. problem fixed. Got another problem now.. cylinder 5 is not working... im getting 140 lbs of...
  15. Am I getting false oil pressure reading?

I recently acquired an 89 Bronco II. Was told its been sitting for 3 plus years and driven 2000 miles in the past 11 years according to oil change sticker in the window. It wasn't running when I got it and would only run on starting fluid or gas sprayed into the intake. after replacing fuel pump...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad