• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by misterW

1. How compatible are MAF sensors between years and engine sizes?

My MAF seems to be going on my 1991 3.0 I do have one in my 1993 2.3 that I've just been using for parts. Would they be compatible?
  2. Fixing window weather stripping (bottom)

Here is the weather stripping I'm talking about: Sorry about the camera work, it was a little hard to see with the sun glaring. As you can see, the weather stripping is completely destroyed, with nothing preventing water that hits the window from dripping down into the door and soaking the...
  3. 3.0 engine occasionally shudders/stutters -- diagnosis tips?

New alternator seems to have fixed the issue. Noticed the lights were occasionally dimming and tested battery voltage sitting vs running. Didn't increase like it should so got a new alternator and retested with much better results. Haven't noticed any of the jerking/shuddering since.
  4. 3.0 engine occasionally shudders/stutters -- diagnosis tips?

I have a 1991 3.0 that I put a 1999 engine in. I've been driving it for a while, and it generally runs great. Every so often though, the engine will miss/stutter and the truck will jerk and shudder. It usually clears up in a few seconds by itself and I continue on. At first I thought this...
  5. What speedometer gear am I supposed to have?

Must be a chart somewhere that has number of teeth for the various stock models?
  6. What speedometer gear am I supposed to have?

Oops, forgot axle ratio. Looks to be 3.45 based on an axle code of 84, right? engine and trans are in the first sentence. thanks
  7. For Sale 1991 Ranger 3.0 bed (black) located in Gilbertsville, New York - $100

Bed is from 1991 ranger that I fixed up. Truck was from TN and body was in good shape. Didn't use bed because I had a wooden flat bed that I preferred. Bed is in good shape (minor surface rust w/ a few tiny bad spots) except for tailgate, which is jammed and needs to be fixed up. I have the...
  8. What speedometer gear am I supposed to have?

My speedometer wasn't working on my 1991 3.0 manual. My speedometer gear was messed up so I wanted to replace it. But, the one that was in there is green, and the chart on this site says that green was only used in automatic transmissions. No idea how accurate the speedo was; it's always...
  9. Is it possible to put a transmission and engine into 1991 3.0 together?

^ I think I saw this advice somewhere else just recently too. great idea. I cut slots in the ends w/ angle grinder so I could use screw driver to remove if they got stuck. wish I'd done this in the past.
  10. What is this sensor? (picture)

thanks!
  11. What is this sensor? (picture)

haha sorry, forgot to attach
  12. What is this sensor? (picture)

With the white plastic, screwed into block near top of bellhousing. This was on a 1999 3.0.
  13. What could have gone wrong here? (switch engines, no compression)

by leave it under pressure do you mean by tightening down the rocker arm bolt and then leaving it? it should be under pressure then, right? thing is, they've been tightened down for a long time -- i don't have a ton of time to work on the truck and i first tightened them up at least a month or...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad