Recent content by misterW

1. Explanation for this resistance value in relay coil?

I'm just using a fairly cheap multimeter. As I said before, it gives a reading of "1" to indicate an open circuit. So, before I touch anything, it reads "1" to indicate that there is no continuity. And that is the reading that I was getting on the control coil circuit that puzzled me, because...
  2. Explanation for this resistance value in relay coil?

Oh -- just in case this was causing confusion -- when I say the resistance was 1, I mean the multimeter said "1", or "infinity". Not 1 ohm.
  3. Explanation for this resistance value in relay coil?

Wouldn't a closed coil circuit have a resistance value? The other ones I tested did.
  4. Explanation for this resistance value in relay coil?

I was testing my EEC power relay coil in my 1991 3.0 and noticed something strange. The resistance value of the control coil was 1 (infinite). This would seem to indicate that the circuit was open, which it shouldn't be. Yet, when I applied 12v to the two spades of the control coil, there was...
  5. Part number for replacement EEC Power Relay (brown)?

My power relay is giving me some odd resistance values so I would like to replace it. They gave me one at advance (YL-240-C-12V+D5) but I'm not sure it is the correct one. It has an extra spade, which could be OK since there is a dummy hole in the female side.....or maybe it's not the right...
  6. ANYTHING else that could be causing this no spark issue?? WTF

Sprayed some fuel in and it started firing. So it does look computer issue. Can I just stick another computer in? These aren't the sort of computers that have to reprogrammed in any way, right?
  7. ANYTHING else that could be causing this no spark issue?? WTF

I tested for fuel pressure at the valve initially before finding that I didn't have a spark and it was normal. Is there a way to test the actual injectors? Also, just to make sure: when the vehicle is cranked, what should the SPOUT wire show (a pulse, right?) and what should the IDM wire show?
  8. ANYTHING else that could be causing this no spark issue?? WTF

I should be able to start without the SPOUT hooked up, though, right? I don't seem to be able to. The SPOUT wire is not grounded between the ICM and the computer. Checked for that and for continuity. Wire seems fine. And the PIP signal gets to the computer, checked that too. Maybe the...
  9. ANYTHING else that could be causing this no spark issue?? WTF

here's a question: the truck can run without the SPOUT hooked up. but can it run with a grounded SPOUT?
  10. ANYTHING else that could be causing this no spark issue?? WTF

With only SPOUT disconnected, I get a spark. With SPOUT connected, I don't. When cranked, SPOUT shows a continuous ground on LED light instead of a pulse. My assumption is that the SPOUT wire is grounded somewhere along it's route to the ICM? Not sure why that would cause the problem...
  11. ANYTHING else that could be causing this no spark issue?? WTF

just did some testing prior to your message and am on to something because with idm and spout disconnected, I DO get a spark.
  12. ANYTHING else that could be causing this no spark issue?? WTF

Can the SPOUT in or IDM out terminals of the ignition control module be in any way responsible for a no spark condition? The diagnostics that I have been using haven't referenced them and it is my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong) that they are used to set the timing for the fuel...
  13. ANYTHING else that could be causing this no spark issue?? WTF

Tomorrow I am going to verify that the ground that is going to the ICM isn't disappearing when the vehicle is cranked....other than that, and trying ANOTHER module, not sure where to go.
  14. ANYTHING else that could be causing this no spark issue?? WTF

1991 3.0 isn't getting a spark as tested at individual plugs and at the coil. The wire that carries the pulse signal FROM the distributor to the ignition control module seems to be working just fine -- I get a flashing LED light whenever the vehicle is cranked over. The wire that carries...
  15. Wire terminals for harness clip that connects to Ignition Control Module (91 3.0)

I have a 91 3.0 that I've been trying to figure out why it has no spark. I narrowed it down to the ignition control module because the ICM was getting a pulse signal in from the distributor but was not sending it out to the coil. I replaced the ICM and still have the same issue. On closer...