• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mperry

1. 94 cruise control - master cylinder cutout switch is where?

Ford had successful cruise control parts available in 1993. For some reason, they decided to use an "orphan" part. I read the cruise control amplifier (the control box) was buggy, so later they use a different module, and dropped the 93-94 part from inventory a few years later. The original part...
  2. 94 cruise control - master cylinder cutout switch is where?

The contacts were corroded, but it wasn't the problem. It's in the shop and they discovered the cruise control module had defective solder joints. They tried soldering them, but it was no help. So, the glove box is torn out and we are searching for a used module. Ford and aftermarket apparently...
  3. 94 cruise control - master cylinder cutout switch is where?

Yes, I clicked the link. It says "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. " so... maybe private? (The others displayed.)
  4. 94 cruise control - master cylinder cutout switch is where?

Thank you for the quick reply. This explains why I couldn't find the part. I tore it apart and saw the rings were corroded. A quick polish and a dab of dielectric grease and hopefully the problem is fixed. I'll try it again tomorrow morning, just to make sure. The old gal has 76K miles, so...
  5. 94 cruise control - master cylinder cutout switch is where?

The search continues. The problem seems to be in the steering wheel. The cruise will work perfectly some days, then fail for the next dozen trips. Does anyone know where to buy a clock spring for the '94 Ranger? I called the local Ford dealer, and one in Beaverton, and their parts listing...
  6. 94 cruise control - master cylinder cutout switch is where?

I was looking at parts and they list the master cylinder cutout switch, and pix showed it... thus my confusion. I'll check my nephew's '94 Explorer... maybe it was only on those rigs. I looked for a light to pop on, but I don't recall ever seeing a CC light. (Not unexpected because those lights...
  7. Question about a plug under the master cylinder

Thanks for the update and congrats. Happens all the time... or someone will get the cam timing off.
  8. 1989 Bronco II 2.9 Auto Runs Hot

I like RonD's suggestion of checking the actual temp. The factory gauge can be off due to age, or corrosion, or the sender could be defective. I'd pull the thermostat and drop it in a pan of water, bringing it to a boil. Use a meat thermometer to test the temp when the thermostat opens... or...
  9. 94 cruise control - master cylinder cutout switch is where?

1994 Ranger, 4.0L, auto, factory cruise, 76K miles, extended cab, most factory options. The cruise control system worked for years, then intermittently (on one trip, off the next) for 6 months. Symptoms indicate it is be the master cylinder cutout switch. Pix show all models after '93 have it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad