• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mpire

1. Ford Ranger Interior Parts Search Sites/Options?

Yeah, it has to be a ford part. Its kinda triangular that snaps into the housing and covers the bolt. The part has clips on the bottom that snap into the seat belt part that bolts up high. This is for the rear seat belts on the extended cab. So its a pretty odd part and I can't make out any...
  2. Ford Ranger Interior Parts Search Sites/Options?

I am searching for the plastic cap that goes over the bolt head on the rear passenger seat belt shoulder attachment point. Its just a little black plastic cap that snaps over the bold head that bolts to the B pillar, but I am finding it quite challenging to find the part number so I can order a...
  3. Lost what little power it had?

I have a 97 ranger with I think a 99 2.3 engine swap with 80k miles on it. Probably 180k on the chassis. Coil packs, plugs, valve cover, wires, water pump, belts, hoses, etc have all been replaced in the last couple years. 5 speed manual rebuilt recently. Cooling doesn't look cloudy, not low...
  4. Oil leaks! Save me from Project Creep! (97 2.3)

I have a 97 ranger in the worst color, its ugly, but it has always run just fine and it won't die so I keep it around. :icon_confused: Anyway, I snapped the timing belt or the timing belt tensioner went on the interstate on Tuesday stranding me. I haven't torn it down yet, but the belt is...
  5. Got a cup holder stuck in the AC Ducts...HELP!

Ok, so first of all its a 1997 Ford Ranger with the 2.3. Not sure that even matters. So the blend door broke, its a common problem. So I cut a hole in the airbox to get a look at it, and I was driving around like that for a while. Well, I was using one of the cup holder insert liner things...
  6. Clutch Disengagement problems?

OK, so this is a strange story, so you are just going to have to work with me on this one. So my truck was stolen by my ex wife and while in her possession they pulled the transmission and did a clutch job. Looks like the steam cleaned the transmission or something as it looks brand new. I...
  7. Regular Cab vs Extended Cab Ranger Bucket Seats?

I have a 97 standard cab XLT ranger that just won't die, so I have decided to keep it around a bit longer. I currently have eddie bauer interior in it from an Exploder. Its nice haveing leather and lumbar, but I would really like to get more leg room. So I am going to see if I can find some...
  8. Someone tell me what this is!

So this is the high side on my air conditioner. The seal is leaking as you can see in the left side of the photo. Anyone know what its called or if I can get new seals? I know the seal on the left is leaking, but do I need to replace whole thing or should I just replace the seal? Many thanks...
  9. Brake light and abs lights come on?

So lately the ABS light and the brake light is coming on in my 97 Ford Ranger. Its only in the mornings when the truck is cold, and after about 10 minutes of driving I can turn off the ignition and restart the truck and it goes away and stays away. It used to be rather rare, but now its...
  10. Ranger Interior/Exterior Overhaul in 2 weeks.

I am doing a full renovation of a 1997 ford ranger from top to bottom. Basically fixing everything thats wrong with it and then some. Check it out, I posted lots of pix of the progress. If you have any ideas, please let me know, I could use ideas. Thanks...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad