• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by MrSchaeferPants

1. MrSchaeferPants

92 Ranger Ignition cylinder stuck in 'on' position

Ignition cylinder got stuck 'on/run'. Its happened before but a little wiggle set it free. Today driving home I noticed I had no power to my radio, then noticed nothing worked inside, windows, vent fan, etc. Got home, and the key was stuck on, couldn't turn the truck off so I pulled the fuel...
  2. MrSchaeferPants

235/75r15 on a 15x8 ok?

Awesome, thank you.
  3. MrSchaeferPants

235/75r15 on a 15x8 ok?

Will a 235/75r15 on a 15x8 rim work fine? I'll just be driving asphalt for a good long time, no playing. Its the cheapest I can find. That's 9.3 or so wide. I've been looking but I also have to get cheap. I'd like a 245 but I'm just not finding any in the same price range. There was one...
  4. MrSchaeferPants

1992 Ford Ranger 4x4 V6 4.0L 'Old Cliff"

Rims in! 15x8. And lug nuts too. I dunno what tire size. 235/75/r15 or so. Whatever I can find used for now. Got other fish to fry, just has to last me xx months.
  5. MrSchaeferPants

So I replaced the L/R brake cylinder AND one of the push rods from the cylinder to the brake shoe since I lost it. Did that a few weeks back. Man it was a while since I did some drum work, I need a pair of brake pliers. BUT maybe not, I'm keeping my eye out for a 95+ explorer rear 3.73-4.10 so I...
  6. MrSchaeferPants

When I left the house I keyed it on/off a few times, read that would build up pressure for a better start, and it did. Topped off the tank after work today (first time driving it since) and it rode just fine, started just fine. First time in a long time I spent $60 in gas lol. Either my gauge is...
  7. MrSchaeferPants

When I bought it two things. One, he said they replaced the fuel pump. Two, it was on F, I've never bought a vehicle on full.
  8. MrSchaeferPants

And then today this morning it took a long time cranking before it started, and same when I left work. Then while I was driving home it died probably 8-10 times. So yay. No hesitations or stumbling, idles and drives smooth. Not electrical radio and blower motor still running (Had the heat...
  9. MrSchaeferPants

Edit: 7/15/19: Finally saw that tiny writing saying this section is not for questions. That needs to be bigger :) So I'ma just edit the title and then posts some updates. My intro got a little tech-y so I'll post a few newbie questions. When I bought the truck the temperature and volt meter...
  10. MrSchaeferPants

Maybe New from AR

Pulled the tire and drum. Wheel cylinder leak, not axle. Also my parking brake cable is broken in the drum. Removed everything, cleaned, tomorrow I'll reassemble with the new cylinder. Semi-long term I would like a disc brake conversion, I hate drums :ROFLMAO:
  11. MrSchaeferPants

Maybe New from AR

Yukon brand, don't know anything about them.
  12. MrSchaeferPants

Maybe New from AR

Thanks man, I watched a few videos last night too, but really appreciate a nice step by step article like yours. I'm going to tackle this sometime this week. But I need a few tools, coming back from not really having any automotive tools the past few years. I'm fighting the "might as well" on...
  13. MrSchaeferPants

Maybe New from AR

Bleh, I didn't even think about that. But never seen that happen before either. Borrowed a jack from work, and after I refill it and hopefully get it working again and take it apart, I'll find out. I haven't been noticing the brake fluid reservoir emptying... so maybe.
  14. MrSchaeferPants

Maybe New from AR

Door sticker code says 91 for axles, so a 3.27 gear ratio :( But the tag on the rear diff is painted over so I need to scrape that off and read what that says just in case it was changed. Fooey.
  15. MrSchaeferPants

Maybe New from AR

So something I noticed was the rear dual tank cover goes to nothing. Maybe someone put that bed on later. But there's no second tank. Either way its cool if I wanted to! Also found a brake leak L-R wheel cylinder I imagine, dripping from inside the drum. So guess I need to take a look and get one!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad