• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Mscates

1. 1986 Ranger won't start

Yeah... my hopes of being able to get lucky didn't work so tomorrow I'll pull it all back apart and order a new timing belt and what not. I think i got it closer than it was because it attempted to fire but that's as lucky as I got.
  2. 1986 Ranger won't start

So i think everyone was spot on with the timing jumping. I pulled everything apart minus the crank pulley (no puller) but think i was able to feel the timing mark line on the retaining washer. I lined that up with the notch which made the cam timing mark almost 180 off what it should be. Do they...
  3. 1986 Ranger won't start

Timing is my weak link, i don't know anything about it so I'm hesitant to do anything with it
  4. 1986 Ranger won't start

I tried starting fluid and it didn't even attempt to fire, the pressure gauge is brand new but somewhat of a cheap one off amazon. (Probably got what i paid for) I think i fried my fuel pump relay when i was messing with some things because ny pump no longer comes on so i have to locate that now...
  5. 1986 Ranger won't start

Timing cover was pulled yesterday and the belt was in great shape and tight. Not to say it didn't jump but everything looked to be in good shape.
  6. 1986 Ranger won't start

I couldn't find an adapter for my compression tester so i used the rubber adapter that you physically have to hold in place. Not a big fan and not sure how well they work but the results weren't very good. So either my tester is crap or the motor is. Compression in cylinders from front of motor...
  7. 1986 Ranger won't start

Correct, fuel pumps come on, after turning it over it smells of gas, when I depress the schrader valve fuel sprays out. Still working on testing the injectors. I'm trying to locate an adapter to test compression but out side of that im at a loss.
  8. 1986 Ranger won't start

It does appear to have a tfi distributor. I have spark at the coil as well as the plugs. The plugs looked somewhat burnt so i replaced those. No fuel in the hose for the pressure regulator, i haven't checked the timing but the belt is in good condition. I haven't been able to get my fuel...
  9. 1986 Ranger won't start

Im in the process of checking the things suggested and a clue that might help is i attempted to start it after sitting for a couple days and first crank it attempted to fire then immediately went back to just cranking. I would guess a fuel issue somewhere? Possible the pressure regulator?
  10. 1986 Ranger won't start

Sorry for the show response, i haven't been able to pull the timing cover but at a glance when i pull the top out of the way the belt is still where it needs to be. That's not to say it didn't break near the bottom but i have low doubts about this because i replaced the belt a year ago... As...
  11. 1986 Ranger won't start

Hello everyone and thank you beforehand! 1986 Ranger 2.3L Long bed Manual transmission 235xxx miles So I'll do my best to explain what's going on and hopefully i give all the info. I'm over this truck at this point and looking for help. The last time the truck ran (5 months ago) i started it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad