• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by nederanger

1. PCV Valve Location

PCV valve cap removal I've got the splash guard and wheel off and have located the PCV valve, but now I'm stuck. I see 1 horizontal slit about 1/4 inch long on each side of the cap and I can rotate the cap a little, but how do you pry the cap off? With a screwdriver? and what to pry against...
  2. 2005 Ranger tuneup

I think the concept is this: instead of changing out all the coolant every "x" number of miles, why not change out 1/2 of the coolant every 1/2 "x" number of miles? With a full-change-out-routine the coolant is in great shape immediately after putting in all new coolant, but is in marginal...
  3. PCV Valve Help

Doing a search at the rangerstation turns up other threads about this. I'm copying from one of them: "The pcv valve is on the side of the engine with the intake manifold. You have to look real hard behind the intake manifold, the pcv valve sits in crankcase vent oil separator box on the side...
  4. PCV Valve Help

I jacked up the truck and removed the driver's side front wheel, but not the fender or wheel shroud. This made it possible to see the PCV valve. The front end of the valve is attached to the oil separator by a cap, and the back end of the valve is attached to a hose with a pinch clamp. I...
  5. 2005 Ranger tuneup

Hmmm. The NGK website states " If adjusting the gap on fine wire or precious metal plugs such as platinum or iridium be very careful not to apply any pressure or prying force to the fine wire center electrode or insulator as they can be damaged. The gap should be adjusted by only moving the...
  6. a really good idea

I have to start with a thanks to this website. It has already informed me about the hanging rpms' and the hidden pcv valve location on ford rangers. This is my first truck and although only 2wd I've enjoyed the heck out the ground clearance and the ability to store all my outdoor gear. I...
  7. 2005 Ranger tuneup

I'm doing a 100k tuneup and couldn't find answers to a couple questions, so any help would be appreciated: 1) The Motorcraft spark plugs I bought (SP439, AGSF-32F-EC) are pregapped to 0.044 inch with a note printed on the box that "spark plug gap is not adjustable". But the owner's manual...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad