• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Optimaldave

1. Optimaldave

winter = 4x4

Hi, I have been on this forum for a while now as I have had 2 90 rangers now with their share of issues, but have not really introduced myself. I took my motorcycle of the road last week so the truck is now my baby again and such I will be turning to you guys for some assistance over the next...
  2. Optimaldave

Clean up a plug

Hi. I am going to be pulling codes on my truck tonight as I have an annoying intermitant starting issue, but looking at the plug to day it is covered in some white goo. Is this some version of dialectric grease or is it corrosion? How can I clean this up nicely? Can I just blast it with some...
  3. Optimaldave

Mis-matching tires

Hi, I'm wondering what the thoughts are on mixing tire brands from the front to rear axle... (aka two brands of A/T tire, one on either axle) or even putting two more aggressive tires on the rear and standart A/T's up front for note, I am thinking mainly road/logging road use only, would put...
  4. Optimaldave

Drivers Side Vent

Hi, I know very little about heating in cars as my training and experiance is more in the powersport field, hence the only heating I know ind detail is when you wrap your legs around the fins on your engine... :annoyed: So the problem I am having with my truck is that my heater only works on...
  5. Optimaldave

Canopy/Cap questions?

Hi. I have a 1990 supercab 4x4 and just threw a canopy on her this weekend but I have a few questions as I have never run with a canopy before. http://shellystruckcaps.com/capslids/jeraco/high_rise_f-250.gif canopy is of that step up style, only ranger sized. 1. I have some canopy tape for...
  6. Optimaldave

Brakes locking up

1990 Ranger XLT, 2.9L, 4x4 stock short of cosmetics and exhaust mod Hi, I have noticed more and more recently that my brakes seem to like to lock-up a lot... It is very noticeable if i am doing over 80KM/hr, I basically breathe on the pedal and the rear locks up. Mainly does it after being...
  7. Optimaldave

Engine Bogging

So, 1990 2.9, 5spd, 4x4 Ranger XLT. I have had her for a while and have always been pleased with the power of my little truck, however for the last few weeks I have been noticing a loss of top end power. I mainly notice when going up a steep hill at speed, but it seems like the truck loses all...
  8. Optimaldave

Starting issue

Ok, So I've had a recurrent issue since buying my truck 6 months ago... 95% of the time, when I start my truck in the morning, it starts to 1000RPM then dies within about 5 seconds like it is running out of gas/stalling. So I turn the key again, it starts, and runs fine at 1000RPM... It does...
  9. Optimaldave

Fuel Tank Skid Plate

Hi, I was wondering what the the common thoughts are on whether or not I need to put the skid plate back on after re & re'ing the fuel tank? What are your thoughts on if the skid plate adds structural support or if it is purely for damage coming up from the underneath? Cheers Dave
  10. Optimaldave

annoying turn signal issue

Hi, I have a 1990 Ford Ranger 2.9L V6 XLT My indicators will not work, they randomly stopped working a few days ago along with the reverse lights. I discovered the fuse had popped, so I replaced it. But now whenever I turn the truck on, it pops the fuse immediately.... I have had no issues...
  11. Optimaldave

Red and black hoses for the heater

Hi, sorry if this has already been posted but I couldn't find it when I searched. The previous owner of my truck straight bypassed the heater core going block to block instead of block to heater-heater to block. So there are two hoses coming through the firewall. One red and one black, and I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad