• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Otto

1. Otto

Wanted 2004-2011 2.3l Cold Air Intake system

Specifically looking for the "AFE Full Metal Power Stage 2" with the dry filter, but may settle for something else
  2. Otto

Accident

So me and my brother are driving home from Quebec thursday night. Probably around 10:30 or so, coming home from camp near Knowlton. We're maybe 20 minutes from our exit off the 401 highway when the song "schism" comes on the radio. It was a pretty cool, considering that song is never on the...
  3. Otto

Checklist for general shift problems TCU

Found a wiki page on all shift mechanisms that control timing. Should help for anyone before tearing up the transmission. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmission_control_unit
  4. Otto

Bad grinding in reverse when turned to the right

So my ranger has developed a bad grinding noise from what sounds like coming from the front right. It will only make the sound in reverse when the wheel is turned about 85% to the right. If I turn the wheel passed 85% the grinding turns into an almost snapping noise like really nasty. Doesn't...
  5. Otto

wheel spacers and hubs

Are wheel spacers unsafe to use if the wheels extend past the hubs once the wheel spacers are installed?
  6. Otto

15w-30

Just wondering if anyone here uses 15 or 20w-30 for older ranger(98 or earlier). Mostly for valve and/or timing chain clatter, is it better for older engines?
  7. Otto

air temperature sensor mod

Just came across this on ebay. $12 intake air temperature mod that sends a different air temperature to the ecu for richer mixture. I think my brother has one of these on his bike. Anyways does anyone have one of these I wonder if they work...
  8. Otto

Timing chain and tensioner noise

So I found out my timing chain tensioner is making all the noise that I thought was the transmission(link). It's a loud whining sound coming from the back of the engine. basically my question is, is it possible to access the timing chain without removing the whole engine? edit: So I can atleast...
  9. Otto

Vacuum modulator on 5r55e?

Does anyone have a pic of where the vacuum modulator is on a 4.0L rwd transmission? When the truck gets hot there's a hissing noise and it shifts really bad into second gear. Anyone know where the modulator and vacuum hoses are? All I can find are two or three metal pipes on the passenger side.
  10. Otto

Whoever said clean your MAF with vineger...

Punch them right in the head!:pissedoff: And on top of that, I tried seafoam "trans tune" crap and totally screwed my transmission. Now it slams into 2nd and 3rd gear so bad and I dont have the first clue about transmissions. urg.:pissedoff::pissedoff::pissedoff:
  11. Otto

Oh sh*t!

'lol' of the day :icon_rofl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5Ch32JbWas&feature=related
  12. Otto

Grrr solenoids

Transmissions suck because I dont understand them. I JUST freakin replaced a shift solenoid 4 months ago. The cel comes back on today reads p0756 solenoid b performance, same one I replaced -150 bucks. wtf. The whole transmission is on the way out the door I swear time for a 5spd /rant grrr...
  13. Otto

Might be trading in the ranger...

for this: http://kingston.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Dodge-DODGE-STEALTH-R-T-W0QQAdIdZ128424645 thoughts??
  14. Otto

Getting code p0153

Upstream oxygen sensor circuit slow response driver's side...Anyone have any ideas what can cause this? I checked the wires, they're in good shape. As far as removing the the sensor goes, I'm a little shaky on getting under there with a torch right next to the fuel lines to remove it. Anything I...
  15. Otto

Vacuum components on the ohv?

Does anyone know where there's a diagram or page with all vacuum components for the 4.0 ohv? I'm trying to diagnose what I think is a vacuum leak somewhere..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad