• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by parashootist

1. 2000 2wd XLT 3.0L Oil pan leak

The clutch was not damaged. I could have put the old clutch back in after replacing the pilot bearing but with 183,000 miles that would have been a poor decision. I am not overly concerned that oil is going to damage the clutch. The oil pan gasket just wasn't a job I felt like tackling as I...
  2. 2000 2wd XLT 3.0L Oil pan leak

Got everything back together. I was having trouble getting the trans to mate back with the engine. Turned out the slave cylinder wasn't retracting for some reason. I ended up using two zip ties to compress the spring, slid together easily and then I cut the two zip ties out through the...
  3. 2000 2wd XLT 3.0L Oil pan leak

I ended up pushing the gasket back in and retightening the bolts. I then thoroughly degreased the surfaces and applied RTV. We'll see if that stops the leak which was slow, no oil as making it to the ground. I got the flywheel, clutch and slave mounted. Haven't been able to get the transmission...
  4. 2000 2wd XLT 3.0L Oil pan leak

I have the trans off of my ranger to change out the clutch since there was a squealing noise. Turned out the pilot bearing had disintegrated. While under the truck I noticed the oil pan gasket was pushed out in the front under the harmonic balancer and what I thought/hoped was a rear main seal...
  5. 2001 Ranger ignition issue - won't start with key, starts with relay jump

Thanks for the reply. I suppose I'll dig more into the clutch safety switch. I've tried starting with it hooked up and attempting to bypass it. I did try replacing the starter switch which didn't help. I would assume my issue can't be with the PATS system since the truck will start? That kind of...
  6. 2001 Ranger ignition issue - won't start with key, starts with relay jump

I still haven't figured this issue out. I've just been turning the key to on and pushing the contacts on the starter relay together. I'd really like to sort this issue out. Any ideas?
  7. 2001 Ranger ignition issue - won't start with key, starts with relay jump

Anyone have any other ideas? The PO had a bunch of audio equipment in it which has been removed but I have yet to find the issue.
  8. 2001 Ranger ignition issue - won't start with key, starts with relay jump

Thanks for the response. I've tried bypassing the safety switch to no avail. Of course, I may not be doing that correctly but I was using information I found on this site. That was my first thought since the safety switch doesn't seem to stay on the clutch push rod securely.
  9. 2001 Ranger ignition issue - won't start with key, starts with relay jump

Hello! I've been a lurker as I've owned a couple Rangers before my current one. I purchased this 2001 a few weeks ago. It was listed as running but not drive-able due to needing a clutch. I ended up changing the clutch master cylinder in front of the guy's house and drove it home (he seemed...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad