• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by paulschmitz82

1. Starting Issues 2.9l 4x4 1986 Ranger (auto)

yes i did, i measured the compression and it‘s totally perfect
  2. Starting Issues 2.9l 4x4 1986 Ranger (auto)

compression is fine, everything on the engine itself is brandnew it just got rebuilt. Injectors are also new, dist cap and plug wires aswell.
  3. Starting Issues 2.9l 4x4 1986 Ranger (auto)

yes it ran rich, but replaced the plugs some weeks ago so they‘re brand new
  4. Starting Issues 2.9l 4x4 1986 Ranger (auto)

@rusty ol ranger so basically it used to run totally perfect but it started only with the valve on the pressure rail open so fuel could run out. The error code said the ECT was broken so replaced it, now it starts everytime but only 3 or 4 cylinders are running and it keeps broking down
  5. Starting Issues 2.9l 4x4 1986 Ranger (auto)

Okay thank you good to know
  6. Starting Issues 2.9l 4x4 1986 Ranger (auto)

So i again did some research and measurements, so what i figuered out is that all injectors inject at the same time while cranking. And it should be alternately right? so at first 1,2 and 4 and then 3,5 and six? Does someone know how to fix that? And what could cause that problem?
  7. Starting Issues 2.9l 4x4 1986 Ranger (auto)

okay good to know. Btw the distributor has been replaced aswell
  8. Starting Issues 2.9l 4x4 1986 Ranger (auto)

i will check the capacitors next days, is there a crankshaft position sensor?
  9. Starting Issues 2.9l 4x4 1986 Ranger (auto)

yes i have, it was around 35psi so seems fine to me.
  10. Starting Issues 2.9l 4x4 1986 Ranger (auto)

thanks for your answer, i already checked everything you said also replaced the fpr and blew into the return fuel hose. It has to be a problem with the injection times while cranking, because they are way too high but i‘m not sure what exactly is causing this
  11. Starting Issues 2.9l 4x4 1986 Ranger (auto)

Yes the injectors were replaced. If the engine is running the output is fine but, while starting it there is too much output
  12. Starting Issues 2.9l 4x4 1986 Ranger (auto)

Hi everyone, i'm from germany and in january i bought a 1986 ranger (which is an import car), unfortunately it broke down couple weeks after i bought it, the reason was a broken crankshaft. So i took it to a U.S Car workshop in germany (which are btw extremly rare) and the guy told me he will...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad