• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Ram Man 02

1. Ram Man 02

OM617 diesel swap

The Kubota engine referenced is a V2203DI. They come in both turbo and non turboed depending on where it came from. so for any kind of useable power a turbo must be added and the pump probably needs to be tweaked as well.
  2. Ram Man 02

Idle confusion

I'm not sure if it makes a difference but when ever I replace any sensor I always pull the battery to drain the computer. that way when it relearns its with the new part. In theory the 2 parts should be identical but I'm never 100% so I makes me feel better knowing the computer has to relearn...
  3. Ram Man 02

Key Fobs

My 2011 XLT Ranger never came with the factory key fobs and I never gave it much thought because (many years ago) they used to be kind of expensive. The other day I decided to look at ebay for a used fob just to see what they cost only to find new Chinese copies, 2 for $7. They claimed to work...
  4. Ram Man 02

OM617 diesel swap

You are correct. That all played into my decision as well. I wanted to find a way to make it work but in the end the newer truck won. As you make progress be sure to post pictures!
  5. Ram Man 02

OM617 diesel swap

Im all in favor of more diesel swaps especially in little trucks. I think its a great idea and I wish you the best of luck! If you like the Mercedes diesels and they offer you what you want then it sounds like a great choice. The TDI and Kubota have caught my attention in the past but I dumped...
  6. Ram Man 02

Stalling

Sounds like the IAC again. My taurus has had the same symptoms. I just clean it and its fine for a few years. Im not sure where the IAC is on the ranger because the truck is new to me but If you have a rubber mallet and can get to it easily give it a couple taps. That can free up the piston but...
  7. Ram Man 02

New Member from MN

Hello everyone, Glad to join here. My name is Jeremiah I purchased a 2011 2wd extended cab 2.3L 5speed ranger this fall for a commuter. Ive been researching random things about this truck and this forum kept coming up in the searches so i figured i would just join.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad