• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Ranger Will Robinson

1. rough idle with shake as well as throttled maintaining steady speed/mph

Cleaned the MAV sensor this morning maybe ran a tad better... thought replacing the sensor would fix it.... thought wrong. Thanks for the input.
  2. rough idle with shake as well as throttled maintaining steady speed/mph

Thanks guys I watched a you tube video where a guy was actually working on a 2000 rangers MAV. He was going to clean it but on its underside what looked like one of the filaments (?) was broken so ended up replacing it. I surprisingly have some MAV cleaner so will try to clean it tomorrow. Any...
  3. rough idle with shake as well as throttled maintaining steady speed/mph

The 2003 Ranger XLT idles rough and is rough maintaining a steady speed/mph. Giving it gas a above the idle or above the steady speed it smooths out. It shows 3 DTC codes. Flashing Red 025 /// HTR /// EGR 1) P0443 Evaporative Emission System Purge Control Valve Circuit. DTC Severity 1...
  4. Ranger till I die

I have been reading several posts/threads with that suggestion. Now that I know there is life in it will do that.
  5. Ranger till I die

I believe you are right... just hoping and trying to extend the future a tad.
  6. Ranger till I die

I know this is in the Introduction Forum but thought I would update. Flushed the Heater core again and poured 220z. of Lime-Away and let it sit for an hour then flushed/back flushed it out before hooking up the heater hoses to the heater core and topping off the coolant. That made a big...
  7. Ranger till I die

Answering in order Temp gauge is just below center.... can visually see on the gauge when the thermostat opens. Haven't checked the temp at the blend door in a few weeks... was hot then but need to check again. The fan is working fine. The air does not flow freely (like they used to) out all...
  8. Ranger till I die

Inherited a 2000 Ranger XLT 3.0l when my wife's sister passed, one of the very few items that my wife has to remember her by. We are taking steps in getting it mechanically sound before a paint job and interior redone. The front end has been redone with little left to do except the heater...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad