• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ranger1911

1. 2.8 mystery

Gonna throw this out there since you mentioned compression test and harbor freight tester, the threaded adapters won't fit down in far enough to thread into the spark plug threads. I found this out recently, going to make my own adapter. I tried using the rubber nozzle and didn't have much luck...
  2. Drilling coolant passages on heads

Sounds simple enough. Thanks for the info!
  3. Drilling coolant passages on heads

Hi folks, I remember reading somewhere that the heads develop a hot spot between two cylinders which can be solved by drilling out an additional coolant passage, but I can't seem to find the article which describes this process. I am doing an engine reseal and would like to do this while I...
  4. bronco II parts car questions

I had a 85 ranger when I originally made this post, and found the BII for 450, bought it for parts... But I ended up liking it more than the Ranger so the truck became the parts =) It's a good little vehicle. I am currently in the process of gathering parts to fix 'er up.
  5. 1984 Bronco II rebuild the 2.8 or swap in a 302

Drilling out the bolt holes shouldn't be an issue. As for them being a PITA to pull... I wouldn't expect anything less. Nothing I ever do is easy :LOL:
  6. 1984 Bronco II rebuild the 2.8 or swap in a 302

This may sound silly... I like old stuff. I don't want to do any fuel injection because I like to tinker and adjust things. I like woodworking too and I try to use only hand (human powered) tools. I like old rifles. Old non computer controlled engine? Hell yeah, sign me up. My wife and I...
  7. 1984 Bronco II rebuild the 2.8 or swap in a 302

Sounds like that's the route I'd go with too. Wikipedia said that the M5ODR2 has an "integrated" bellhousing... Does that mean it's a one-piece deal? (not removable bellhousing?) Haha! Made me laugh. I'm not looking to pull wheelies. I drive through a small mountain pass to and from work...
  8. 1984 Bronco II rebuild the 2.8 or swap in a 302

I got the 2.8 out last night and pulled the oil pan, no evidence of anything bad in there. Just a bit of sludge at the bottom, but it has been sitting with the oil drained out for a few months so that's not much of a surprise. No wiggles in any of the rods except for the minute amount of side...
  9. 1984 Bronco II rebuild the 2.8 or swap in a 302

See, this is the kind of information I was hoping for when I posted this. Thanks very much for your reply. I will do some more research into transmissions, would like to stick with a manual if at all possible. Not a fan of automatics.
  10. 1984 Bronco II rebuild the 2.8 or swap in a 302

I've read the V8 swap article, I'm aware of what needs done. Is it incorrect? It says I can use the bronco manual transmission with a 1984 f150 bellhousing and adapter plate. It's not going to be a hotrod engine. There is already a dual core radiator in the bronco. Motor mounts are simple...
  11. Chainsaws....

You know why they call it poulan right? 'Cause you have to keep poulann on it to get it started :LOL:' I like my husky 390xp. Gives me a workout when I use it, so I make it cut mesquite so it gets a workout :)
  12. 1984 Bronco II rebuild the 2.8 or swap in a 302

I did say :) I pop started it when it stalled out and it did start, but with a major loss of power and an intermittent rattle coming from what I think was the lower end. I was only a mile from home so I drove home and tried to figure out where the noise was coming from, I think the bottom end...
  13. bronco II parts car questions

The Bronco II is a lot of fun. It's been good to me over the years so I intend to return the favor. Good thing I have a full size truck (also a Ford) to fetch the parts =-)
  14. 302 Oil Pan, is this a rear sump?

Thanks, I will track one of those down.
  15. 302 Oil Pan, is this a rear sump?

Picked up this engine for cheap. Was wondering if this is the kind of oil pan that'll fit in a 84 Bronco II.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad