• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ranger98v

1. GEM module...

Is this the proper name for the component? "G.E.M" I am trying to locate and replace the said G.EM. in my 98 ranger 4x4 ,3.0L, vin U, where is it located, exactly and what components does it control? and once replaced, do i have to re-flash the pcm? all input is helpful...thank you!
  2. coolant leak...

I have a coolant leak from the right lower radiator. but the under the radiator cap shows that its full. the overflow is up to level also. I suspect the radiator is clogged. Any recomendations, or know any products that will help UN-clog it ? Think a simple flush would do the trick?
  3. rear end service

(98 3.0L 4x4) I have alot of "play" in the rear end. when up on the lift, I can move the wheel by hand and notice what I think is too much play. Also have the "cl-clunk" when shifting from park to drive. what is it and what can/should I do?
  4. code p01401??????????

got back this code from advanced last night; p01401. it is not in my Haynes guide. any one have this info? i can't stand the CEL staring me in the face! it usually means I'm spending more at the pump!
  5. ride hieght not good

i just put in a new front pair of gabriel shocks on my 98. Install went great but now it is to low in front. how do i recify this?
  6. input shaft nut/TAAT

I'm hoping no praying that some one out there has experience with a Saturn SC1 1994 TAAT Trannie! I have no reverse and I think I boiled it down to the input shaft nut. It may need to be tightened or replaced. has any one ever worked on this before? Oh, and yes I have been to every Saturn forum...
  7. my truck is leaning!!...

my 98 3.0 4x4 off road package is leaning to the drivers side...alot. is this due due bad shocks? or maybe the torsion bar? my truck has a t-bar, right? if its the T-bar what do i do to fix the lean? can some post a pic of the T-bar itself? or at least tell me where it is?
  8. front hub assembly???

i just drove the 200 miles home from Vermont last night and about 3/4 of the way home i noticed what i think is the front bearing/hub assembly. it sounds like a grinding noise...kind of. Is there any way to determine if this is what's going bad? (from my home garage) i hope it's not the bearing...
  9. full of S&!T, I,m sure...

OK so i got me a 98 xlt king cab 3.0 4X4 with 211,354 miles and the trannie has one never had a problem and two never (to my knowledge) been flushed or cleaned in any way. so i guess what I would like to know is what trannie IS in my truck? and then what next? pull the pan and clean the filter...
  10. I wanna get high...

very soon i will be replacing my original suspension. its a 98 3.0 4x4 xlt king cab. to replace them, Ford will get me a pair for the rear @ $37 each and a pair for the front @ $47 each. that is just stock replacement. which is fine by me. however since i just went from 225/70r16 tires to...
  11. Exterior door handle...

my 98 super cab 4x4 has had a broken passenger side handle for some time now. So I am finally getting off my @$$ to replace it and wanted to know how easy this is going to be. could someone tell me the run down on removeing the door panels and removeing the old broken handle and then attatching...
  12. my 98 4X4 and the quest for suspension...

OK... its been 210,245 miles and never has the stock suspension been replaced or up graded! so i ask this of you guys, what is the least expensive brand that will get the job done, i don't want bottom of the barrel. but what i really want to know is this something i can do in my home garage...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad