• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by rangerdewd84

1. Tachometer install/1st gen

I'm trying to put a tach into my 84 ranger 2.0. Im having trouble with where to put the green wire. I've looked on the forum and it says negative side of the coil or spiced onto the green wire on from the coil. However, on my coil, there is a plastic thing that slides onto the coil that hooks up...
  2. profile delete?

How do I delete my profile from the site?
  3. Do i have a a 2.0 or 2.3??? 1984

Ok so a long time ago, before I got the truck, someone did an engine swap. I don't know if they put the original engine back in ( which according to the VIN number would be a 2.0l) or put in a 2.3. I researched the casting number on the block below the exhaust manifold and a few links came up on...
  4. Need a tune?

I know this may be a dumb question, but I recently installed some late model ranger headers onto my first gen, and replaced the exhaust and went with a better flowing muffler. My truck is a 84 ranger with a 2.3l carbed engine ( just found out last night by looking up engine block casting numbers...
  5. 1st gen high performance exhaust

I've been looking everywhere online and the choices for aftermarket exhaust are very limited for my 84 2.0l. I've seen the dynomax muffler and tailpipe combo and one other combo but thats it. I'm curious if an exhaust system from a later model would work. What have you guys got on your 1st gen...
  6. rangerdewd84 here

Hey fellas. I've lurked on this site long enough and decided to join, so here I am. I traded my motorcycle for a 84 ford ranger 2.0l with a 4 speed manual several weeks ago. I plan on uploading some pictures of it soon. It has been painted with a gulf oil racing paint scheme. ( like that one GT)...
  7. Help with 84 2.0l headers

Hey guys! I have a 1984 ford ranger with a 2.0l engine and its pretty well stock. I'm having the craziest time trying to find some headers for this thing and how i should set up my exhaust. Does anyone have any suggestions for the 1st gen 2.0l? I've been lurking on this forum for a while now and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad