• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by rangerdreams

1. rangerdreams

replaced ignition cylinder and Truck will not turn over.

Yes RonD like that one. Perfect. Thank you for quick and insightful replies.
  2. rangerdreams

Good Morning fellow Rangers, so after the artic blast and the warm up thereafter I had some time during the holidays to troubleshoot my ignition issue. Mobile mechanic wanted to charge me up to $300-500 to take a look at it. I respectfully declined the offer and proceeded to educate myself about...
  3. rangerdreams

yes i was thinking the same thing but i dont want to start cutting wires that i dont know what they go to. I will update once i figure it out. Thanks
  4. rangerdreams

Yes i think its a after market system but ranger does not have alarm.
  5. rangerdreams

Thank you Ron. I'll update tomorrow once i play with it. I'll proly just call a mobile mechanic and see what they say and then update post. Thanks again for your help
  6. rangerdreams

The dash does not have flashing light but the Bolt security system does have flashing light below the steering column. Does that make sense? Thank you Ron I'll play with it when i get home this evening and see if black wire on cylinder is installed correctly. it does chime when i have key inserted.
  7. rangerdreams

Original key for ignition switch does not have chip in key housing but the anti theft device (i think that is what it is) "Bolt security system" below the dash has a fob key. I dont know what the BOLT security black box is for. I just know if FOB key isnt inserted it does not start truck...
  8. rangerdreams

Good afternoon fellow Rangers, i recently broke my key to my 1995 2.3 ltr ford ranger truck in the ignition cylinder. I replaced ignition key cylinder but now truck does not turn over. there seems to be some aftermarket Bolt security system with a pass key attached to a female thingy below the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad